Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs n Rings

Options
Just trying to get in a few cooks before we can't. Honey Hog Hot on the bones, Honey Hog on top. Pretty sure I got that from Craig. We like it. Beer batterred rings and some slaw. Thanks for looking. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    That's my kinda meal!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Damn brother, I'm feeling inadequate. Beeutiful!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    jabam said:
    Damn brother, I'm feeling inadequate. Beeutiful!!
    No sir.  I've just been in a cooking mood.  Appreciate the shout out brother!!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like another winner to me brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looks like another winner to me brother. 
    Thank you Scotty!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Brother Brent on a roll!!! Stellar my friend!!  And why again are you @tarheelmatt helper at Butt Blast? LOL
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Brother Brent on a roll!!! Stellar my friend!!  And why again are you @tarheelmatt helper at Butt Blast? LOL
    Gave me a good laugh Johnny!  Thanks for that.  Been enjoying having time to egg brother.  Matts an ok cook ;)
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice looking stuff little buddy.  I wish I was there helping you with all the meals you're outputting.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Nice looking stuff little buddy.  I wish I was there helping you with all the meals you're outputting.  
    Wish you were here to my friend!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    I like that thermometer. What is the max temp? Nice grub too. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Looks like you've had a good day too. Very nice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    You've got the flow going this week. And yet another great cook 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Looks amazing. I hope there were seconds on the rings.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I feel like I am at the temple of BBQ when I read these posts. 
    That is my perfect meal ever. Did you turbo these?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Second that... great looking meal!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    On Fire this week Brent. The ribs are AWSOM Brent.....the o-rings take it over the top. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Great looking grub!
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Thanks Ron!  I dumped the  end of bag of RW in the XL that hasn't been cleaned out lately.  She found 250 and stuck with it.  Did 2-2-1 as my much better half likes the ribs loose.  The were nice.  
  • bgebrent
    Options

blind99 said:
    YukonRon said:
    Second that... great looking meal!
    On Fire this week Brent. The ribs are AWSOM Brent.....the o-rings take it over the top. 
    Great looking grub!
    Thanks brothers!  I got an opportunity to egg a bit and felt like posting it.  I appreciate the kind words!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Thanks Ron!  I dumped the  end of bag of RW in the XL that hasn't been cleaned out lately.  She found 250 and stuck with it.  Did 2-2-1 as my much better half likes the ribs loose.  The were nice.  
    Perfect. Got a rib dinner for 8 this week. Might need to get some help. Just 4 racks of BBRS. Should not be too much. 250 is a good number. ;)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'm disappointed that there is no lake in the pics.  Only makes me half as jealous.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• pgprescott
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I'm disappointed that there is no lake in the pics.  Only makes me half as jealous.
    Now that's funny !
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Perfect. Got a rib dinner for 8 this week. Might need to get some help. Just 4 racks of BBRS. Should not be too much. 250 is a good number. ;)
    250-350 all works for me Ron.  Sounds like another evening of wine tasting and spectacular food.  Have fun brother.
  • bgebrent
    Options

Foghorn said:
    Brother Foghorn,  appreciate that man.  I'll try and induce a little jealousy later this week for you bother ;)
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Now that's funny !
    He's a funny guy!  Don't know if he has bourbon drinking socks like another funny guy I know...  Think their awesome btw!
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Looking really good! Love the rings, great combo. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    Now that's funny !
    He's a funny guy!  Don't know if he has bourbon drinking socks like another funny guy I know...  Think their awesome btw!
    Some occasions require proper attire such as black tie dinners and Bourbon drinking. It's just that simple. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    Now that's funny !
    Some occasions require proper attire such as black tie dinners and Bourbon drinking. It's just that simple. 
    Sharp dressed man brother Prescott you are!
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options