Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How NOT to slice a brisket.

Options
1235»

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Bet you couldn't tell him anything either...
    we had a fella like that on my antelope hunt... He was telling me why my set up was junk...

At the end of the day I had a critter on the ground with a clean shot ... He did not
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Since SRF is having a yuge brisket sale, this needed a bump. Some of you might be new to the brisket game and looking around YouTube on what to do with it. 

Note: Graphic violence.Viewer discretion advised. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Since SRF is having a yuge brisket sale, this needed a bump. Some of you might be new to the brisket game and looking around YouTube on what to do with it. 

Not even a butcher.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KC_Steve
    Options
    Who cuts food on newspaper?  That's disgusting.
    L, M - Kansas City
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    KC_Steve said:
    That's what you took out of the video? =)  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    KC_Steve said:
    Only if it's the NY Times :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Listen guys let's not bash him to badly, at least he knew  enough to slice against the grain. And what the heck is he calling a burnt end. 

This guy guy is a hack, tossed out most of the brisket.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    That burnt end part was the funniest part of all. 

My god...if your going to toss half your Brisket, at least toss the flat and leave the point!!!!  Even that would be a travesty!!!

i wonder how many people he actually has out there in the world doing it that way now. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I always laugh when I see this.  I hope this is a joke, because he has no clue what he is doing other then cutting against the grain.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

What would possess you to revive this? I don't need this kind of negative nonsense floating around in my head all day. I would open the lid on my Egg and hug my brisket righ now if I hadn't just gotten the done temp to stabilize. ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options

What would possess you to revive this? I don't need this kind of negative nonsense floating around in my head all day. I would open the lid on my Egg and hug my brisket righ now if I hadn't just gotten the done temp to stabilize. ;)

Maybe he knows something we don't know.  I think you should try it.
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • EggDan
    EggDan Posts: 174
    Options
    This video gets me to laugh every single time.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Should be re-titled: 

How To Turn a Full Packer Brisket Into a Single Serving

The guy cuts with such confidence though...

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blasting said:
    The guy cuts with such confidence though...
    No doubt about that. Kind of reminds me of watching Jason Voorhees :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jmcnutt5
    Options
    This is a tragedy. Shakespeare couldn't write this kind of stuff. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother Strick showing how it's done. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options

I always appreciate a little bump brother Double. For the record, 30 years ago "a little bump" had a whole different meaning ;)

Status- Standing by.