Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - BOGO SRF Brisket (and other items)

Options

Comments

• OneNole03
    Options
    Wow, well just purchased 2 for my first purchase from SRF. So with my birthday being today should I tell the wife my order today or wait until my delivery date right before Christmas ?  :)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Which move ensures the best chance of surviving to enjoy the cook and eats?? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Pro Tip: Let the wife know about the order. Place another order and tell the wife that they had a spilt shipment on the initial order.  B)
    Then place a third order and tell the wife that they made a shipping mistake but they said since it was perishable to just go ahead and keep it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Moleman said:
    Question for the masses, is gold grade worth the price difference? I believe previously not, but who better to ask. 
    They're both pretty spectacular, to be sure. I've done two golds and one black, and I just ordered the black. Instead of upping the grade, I upped the size.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Guys...

2 SRF black 14-16lb headed my way.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    minniemoh said:
    Moleman said:
    Question for the masses, is gold grade worth the price difference? I believe previously not, but who better to ask. 
    At the moment with this sale, the price difference is $20/brisket. Worth it to try and see for yourself. :smiley:
    I don't even want to know. The black are the best I've ever had and they are $129-$159 when not on sale. I' ok with that. I don't want to feel like i'm getting screwed for not spending $200 a pop if they are that much better

If @The Cen-Tex Smoker says the black are the best he's ever eaten... a guy had better take notice and jump on the deal. I cheaped out and went with Black as I just finished having a discussion about financial responsibility with my wife. =)
    I would have bought 8 if I had freezer space for them. Better than Franklin's, better than any I've ever had. They are that good. Can gold be that much better? @sgh says they are but like I said...I don't wanna know.

Ordering 4 (total) makes me fiscally responsible right?

Edit: I don't want to know either. If you've cooked em up better than Franklin's, you just saved me an expensive trip to Austin too.
    It's all in how you couch it.

In most conversations "I ordered 4 briskets" seems like a lot.

But if you say "There is a great brisket sale and I ONLY ordered 4 of them" then you are fiscally responsible.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    minniemoh said:
    minniemoh said:
    Moleman said:
    At the moment with this sale, the price difference is $20/brisket. Worth it to try and see for yourself. :smiley:
    I don't even want to know. The black are the best I've ever had and they are $129-$159 when not on sale. I' ok with that. I don't want to feel like i'm getting screwed for not spending $200 a pop if they are that much better

If @The Cen-Tex Smoker says the black are the best he's ever eaten... a guy had better take notice and jump on the deal. I cheaped out and went with Black as I just finished having a discussion about financial responsibility with my wife. =)
    I would have bought 8 if I had freezer space for them. Better than Franklin's, better than any I've ever had. They are that good. Can gold be that much better? @sgh says they are but like I said...I don't wanna know.

Edit: I don't want to know either. If you've cooked em up better than Franklin's, you just saved me an expensive trip to Austin too.

But if you say "There is a great brisket sale and I ONLY ordered 4 of them" then you are fiscally responsible.

I only ordered 2. The code added 2 more. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    minniemoh said:
    minniemoh said:
    Moleman said:

I only ordered 2. The code added 2 more. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. 

That's even better.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options

That's even better.
    @Foghorn @The Cen-Tex Smoker

How about......"Bet you can't guess what I got you for Christmas!!!!!"  
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Credit card engaged! 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Well that just cost me...........hurts so good!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mosca
    Options
    So when cooking a Wagyu brisket, do you go by feel or temp?  I was told they feel done early and should take it to 200 or so.  Is that right?
    Feel.

I always split the point and flat, on these they seem to get done at different temperatures. Last one, which was SRF black grade, the point was done at 189*, the flat was done at 203*. I put the point on an upper rack, flat on the lower. Note, this shortens the cook considerably. I put the roasts on at 11:30PM, temp 235*. Point was done in about 9 hours, flat in about 10.
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Nobody tell tiki...ok?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Told the wife. She said, "awesome!"  Love that woman. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Mine too. I guess buying food for us doesn't piss her off. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    The Flat Iron has been replaced with a Rib Eye Filet.
    $18 for a 6 ouncer
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    SRFShane said:

That's even better.
    @Foghorn @The Cen-Tex Smoker

How about......"Bet you can't guess what I got you for Christmas!!!!!"  

@SRFShane, I ought to do that to my wife for the time she got me replacement dishes to open on Christmas morning.  Her comment was we both use them.  Well we all be getting to eat them.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Not sure whether I hate you guys or love you guys . 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Can someone pm me the code?  can't find it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Ok, I think the fever passed.  I think I will be able to hold off.  Staying strong.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Can someone pm me the code?  can't find it.
    BFBOGO16
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Told mine too. Our wifi is really good out here.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Ok, I think the fever passed.  I think I will be able to hold off.  Staying strong.
    Gold Grade Wagyu Brisket 11-14 lbs

You want this brisket.

You need this brisket.

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

You want this brisket.

You need this brisket.

Not helping!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options

You want this brisket.

You need this brisket.

I just ordered 2 of these briskets. I've done several gold briskets in the past, they always come out amazing. I've never tried the black.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    Options
    http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/black-friday.html

The BOGO items get added to the cart automatically
    Oh my!!!  Always wanted to try Wagyu!  But having just dropped ~$2k on the BGE and accessories, it would be a hard sell to the boss.  Do they have these sales periodically?  Thanks.
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • Mosca
    Options
    CTMike said:

You want this brisket.

You need this brisket.

I just ordered 2 of these briskets. I've done several gold briskets in the past, they always come out amazing. I've never tried the black.
    Done both, both are awesome. But I'd rather have a larger size black for the same price as a smaller gold; the difference in quantity is greater than the difference in quality, at the same or lower price.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2016
    Options
    herbu said:

Oh my!!!  Always wanted to try Wagyu!  But having just dropped ~$2k on the BGE and accessories, it would be a hard sell to the boss.  Do they have these sales periodically?  Thanks.
    I've never seen anything like this. Maybe an occasional 10% off here and there. You spent two grand to prep yourself for a day like this. Time to back the truck up...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Mine too. I guess buying food for us doesn't piss her off. 
    Same here.  She was excited and hoping they'd be here by this weekend, lol.  She's fully on board.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    herbu said:

As someone mentioned, not a sale like this.  Sales on briskets are pretty rare, and they're generally 10 or 15% off.  We've never done anything like this.  Broke lots of order records yesterday!