Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir Fry Lunch at the Lake

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Felt like I needed to add some good smoke to the air. Used my poor-mans' wok. It turned out really well.  Shrimp and scallops and stuff. Thanks for looking. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looking good Mr. Three Day Work Week. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice plate Brent!  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    .....and you no he ain't working next week!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    I was giving him the benefit of the doubt with three days...
  • outrageous
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Felt like I needed to add some good smoke to the air. Used my poor-mans' wok. It turned out really well.  Shrimp and scallops and stuff. Thanks for looking. 

Way too much green stuff for me, but I would pick out all the shrimp and make a great meal of shrimp and rice.  no disrespect to the chef, it is a great looking meal if you like rabbit food........ carry on, my friend.....

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Get a job.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Looking good Brent.  How far is your lake house from your city house?

Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Brother Brent.... Fantastic lunch!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I'm exhausted!

DoubleEgger said:
    I was giving him the benefit of the doubt with three days...
    I'm working next week, even a half day on Wednesday.  Never done that before.  Usually cooking (read "watching my much better half cook").
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Brent....beautiful cook....inspired me to go for some local stir fry for lunch. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options

Very nice plate Brent!  
    Thanks Matt!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @outrageous, I just put that stuff in for my much better half.  But you knew that...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    I'm sitting at an ugly yellow table at Burger King looking at your beautiful spread while eating who knows what it's made out of chicken nuggets. Do you deliver? ;) Looks awesome my friend!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Get a job.
    One like yours right? ;)
  • bgebrent
    Options

blasting said:

Looking good Brent.  How far is your lake house from your city house?

40 miles brother.  42 minute drive.  It's where I have my eggs and such so we try to get here every weekend.  You should travel east some time and do some egging here!  Thanks!

@DoubleEgger, have you not started your weekend yet? B)
  • bgebrent
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm sitting at an ugly yellow table at Burger King looking at your beautiful spread while eating who knows what it's made out of chicken nuggets. Do you deliver? ;) Looks awesome my friend!
    Sorry to hear that man!  Appreciate it!  I think you ate rather well last night as I recall...
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Beautiful looking meal Brent... I like the way YOU chopped up all the veggies and had them in their own little dishes..  ;)  Nicely done sir.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Brent....beautiful cook....inspired me to go for some local stir fry for lunch. 
    I like it man!  
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks killer. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    Options

Beautiful looking meal Brent... I like the way YOU chopped up all the veggies and had them in their own little dishes..  ;)  Nicely done sir.
    Thanks John!  I chopped up every vegetable dammit!  How else you think I keep the prize?  I chopped and cooked. Required some emergency drinking beer I'll admit. 
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Looks very good.  Last time we moved, I packed my old, all-metal wok in the crawlspace since I no longer had a gas stove.  Just discovered its location last weekend.  Your cook is a good reminder to give it a try.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bboulier said:
    Looks very good.  Last time we moved, I packed my old, all-metal wok in the crawlspace since I no longer had a gas stove.  Just discovered its location last weekend.  Your cook is a good reminder to give it a try.
    Glad to hear that brother.  Wok or pseudo wok cooks are fast and tasty.  My pseudo wok is my Paella pan.  Have fun!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    Get a job.
    One like yours right? ;)
    Of course. I recruit people to my field by telling them that they won't suffer from the burden of having to decide "what am I going to do in my spare time?".  

You chose a different path during residency and it seems to be working for you. But I know you are just compensating for that poor career choice by posting pics of great food and lake time on the Internet. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I would take your plate if I was close enough. That looks delicious. Enjoy your time off, my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    Get a job.
    One like yours right? ;)
    Of course. I recruit people to my field by telling them that they won't suffer from the burden of having to decide "what am I going to do in my spare time?".  

You chose a different path during residency and it seems to be working for you. But I know you are just compensating for that poor career choice by posting pics of great food and lake time on the Internet. 

all the smart kids were drawn to things like dermatology.  i thought that was sooo boring.  boring is looking pretty good right now... as is an egg overlooking a GD lake!  enjoy it brother brent!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Killer! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • plandreth
    Options
    I was doing steak tonight. You changed my mind. I will be buying shrimp and scallops and doing a stir fry. Didnt even think about that with the egg. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Very inspiring!  Need to break out my wok again soon. Looks delicious, brother brent!  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thanks @plandreth and to you Craig!
    Dyal_SC said:
    Very inspiring!  Need to break out my wok again soon. Looks delicious, brother brent!