Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whiskey Bourbon Meatballs

Options
Nuke1855
Nuke1855 Posts: 281
edited November 2016 in EggHead Forum
Whiskey Bourbon Meatballs.... The holidays cometh!

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

Comments

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Hmmm

I like Bourbon

I like Meatballs

on the list for sure
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    We've served Bourbon Meatballs at Eggfests for years, along with a few other items.  Tasters like them and often come back for seconds.  We serve ours with pretzel sticks.  Just don't stick the stick in too soon - they dissolve.  But we get a lot of comments about both the meatballs and the pretzel sticks.

Yours look great.

Spring "We Cook Round Things" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Nuke1855
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Hmmm

I like Bourbon

I like Meatballs

on the list for sure
    My exact sentiments @Phatchris

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• Nuke1855
    Options
    We've served Bourbon Meatballs at Eggfests for years, along with a few other items.  Tasters like them and often come back for seconds.  We serve ours with pretzel sticks.  Just don't stick the stick in too soon - they dissolve.  But we get a lot of comments about both the meatballs and the pretzel sticks.

Yours look great.

Spring "We Cook Round Things" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

Genius idea on the pretzel sticks! Thank you for the compliment @Spring Chicken

www.biggreenegglife.com

• gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Looks great!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    gpsegg said:
    Looks great!
    Thank you brother!

www.biggreenegglife.com

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited November 2016
    Options
    And the bookmarks continue to grow.

Thanks for sharing!  There went $17 to buying a bottle of your rub!!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Man those are definitely on my to do list!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    Man those are definitely on my to do list!!
    So easy to make brother @JohnnyTarheel you can use Brown sugar, I chose to use honey.

www.biggreenegglife.com

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Yes please!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tikigriller
    Options
    @nuke1855 while I wait for my rub to arrive, is there another rub you feel would be close to that one to use?  I seriously want make these this evening.......(I am assuming by the way you are affiliated with Caribeque by your signature)

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    @nuke1855 while I wait for my rub to arrive, is there another rub you feel would be close to that one to use?  I seriously want make these this evening.......(I am assuming by the way you are affiliated with Caribeque by your signature)
    Yes sir I own the brand. what do you have currently from Caribeque?

www.biggreenegglife.com

• Nuke1855
    Options
    Nuke1855 said:

I just read this again. you can use any beef rub that you may own . 

www.biggreenegglife.com

• tikigriller
    Options
    Nuke1855 said:
    Nothing.  Didn't even know about ya until this thread!  Probably counter productive to your brand to recommend another while I wait for yours to arrive! :lol: Clump Free I hope!  :lol:  

Livermore, California
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Got the rub on Saturday. Have not gotten to use it yet, but it tasted incredible!!

Meatballs will happen either tonight or Wednesday for sure!!

Livermore, California
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    Got the rub on Saturday. Have not gotten to use it yet, but it tasted incredible!!

Meatballs will happen either tonight or Wednesday for sure!!
    Enjoy brother. Let us know what you think !

www.biggreenegglife.com

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Hmmm

I like Bourbon

I like Meatballs

on the list for sure
    Ditto. 

This is should make a good appetizer.  Thanks for the recipe. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I have to say, I have not tried these meatballs yet, however, I used the rub on a Tri Tip last night and it was absolutely fabulous!  I highly recommend grabbing some of this rub even if you don't plan on doing the meatballs!!  Really good stuff!!!
    Good good stuff @Nuke1855

Livermore, California
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    Thanks a million @tikigriller

www.biggreenegglife.com