Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Pensacola egg fest sucks.

Options

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Leroy I'm right there with you. We may wonder off to an Eggfest far away once in a while. If it is a charity event and a few of the Texas Eggheads are attending.

That said though, I sure don't mind traveling to an Event or gathering of fellow Eggheads and or BBQ Brethren. There's not a better time had then hanging out with a bunch of Eggheads and the BBQ Brethren.

As luck would have it, we have a BBQ Brethren Bash this Saturday at Lake Belton TX.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hotch.  We've got company coming for some pre-Thanksgiving stained glass projects, followed by a busy Thanksgiving.  Meanwhile, we're having a house painting and general restoration as we speak.  

I cooked and fed the painters some tortilla pizzas for lunch and now all of them want a Big Green Egg.  I can only imagine how excited they would be with a hamburger or a steak.

Have fun.

Spring "Being Busy Keeps Me Busy" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Paying $50 for the privilege of spending the day giving away food I bought to promote a product that I have no financial interest in to people who paid an admission fee....Hell no. 

Eggheadforum events are the way to go. Nothing better than cooking and hanging out with friends. 
    Sounds like "volunteering' at The Mothership cooking school. Bust but for 4-5 hours all for a $25 gift certificate in the retail shop - less than minimum wage.

So, they essentially get close to free labor and make a profit off the gift certificate purchase to boot. 

Good to be the Mothership. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,181
    Options
    Good to have people that enjoy the Kool Aid 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Where can I sign up?? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    ^^^FRIENDS....I didn't say I could spel
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    piney said:
    I like the Butt Blast/Brisket Camp type gathering better. Non profit, non sanctioned, cook what you bring on whatever you bring. What do you make after a full day of cooking and giving away food?....FREINDS
    You bootleggers are definitely the standard bearers.  The po po frowns on us sanctioned folks having that much fun. I'm jeally. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    piney said:
    I like the Butt Blast/Brisket Camp type gathering better. Non profit, non sanctioned, cook what you bring on whatever you bring. What do you make after a full day of cooking and giving away food?....FREINDS
    You bootleggers are definitely the standard bearers.  The po po frowns on us sanctioned folks having that much fun. I'm jeally. 
    Oh, the police showed up. I'm still not sure how we skated that one. No alcohol allowed and someone's beautiful wife was offering food and bourbon slushies. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    piney said:
    Oh, the police showed up. I'm still not sure how we skated that one. No alcohol allowed and someone's beautiful wife was offering food and bourbon slushies. 
    Yeah, but we have to play nice 365. Oh, the chief is one of our cooks. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    piney said:
    Apparently you were't part of the possee that had to return the big wooden table. I think it was a sobriety test of sorts. How we passed I will never know. Don't be in such a hurry to get there this year.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wrong post

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Salado and brisket camp are the only ones I've been to. No starting of the eggs.... Just starting of the bloody marys.  =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I would love to see someone do an Eggfest in Jacksonville, Fl.

Im in. Im in your neck of the woods. Maybe would get get @NPHuskerFl involved too!
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    MaC122 said:

Im in. Im in your neck of the woods. Maybe would get get @NPHuskerFl involved too!
    It's no Eggfest but,  they do have an event the same weekend as GAMTN Eggfest at AA Bottled Gas.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    MaC122 said:

I'm thinking about starting one.

My biggest problem is that I run two MeetUp groups already and I may be starting a new job next month. Not sure where I would find the time to organize an eggfest. 

But I may look into starting another MeetUp group for the BGE so that we can all meet up once a month to talk about egg stuff.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I can tell you when Mr Chicken and I started the Salado EggFest $$$ money was not going to be charged. We did 5 years and gave away over a dozen Eggs plus (IMO) provided an outstanding Fest for NO MONEY charged to anyone. We also did not do a Fest on a parking lot of a dealer. Fest's have gone to a profit center, they don't have to be that way as Mr Chicken (Spring Chicken) and I proved. 
    No charge to cooks, tasters, people with products to be displayed. We did that for 5 years and retired. 
    You can vote with your feet to being charged to travel, buy a room, buy food to give away so someone can make money off you. Just say no. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

henapple said:
    Salado and brisket camp are the only ones I've been to. No starting of the eggs.... Just starting of the bloody marys.  =)
    I really miss you man. Call when in Austin area next. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Salado is also super fun. 
    Really!!!! You move and I find out as VI calls me a bastard for not telling him you moved. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @MaC122 I'll be the guy in the booth boiling water in the egg :giggle:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
    @travisstrick Are you down for that Travis?
    @Big_Green_Craig Word on the street huh?  I rather have a Fest by eggheads for eggheads.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I would drive up from South Florida for that.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
    @travisstrick Are you down for that Travis?
    @Big_Green_Craig Word on the street huh?  I rather have a Fest by eggheads for eggheads.

Just tellin' ya what I've heard. Do your own thing. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I would drive up from South Florida for that.
    Dropped into my local Ace Hardware (where I got my Egg) and planted the seed this morning. If anyone gets near the Ace hardware on San Jose in Jacksonville, drop in and tell them you want them to do an eggfest. The more interest we can drum up the better. The guy there said it takes about a year to set one up and get sponsors etc.

Like I said, I planted the seed. I'll keep dropping in and pushing the idea.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    @SaintJohnsEgger, about six months ago an egger I know would call his local BBQ supply store and ask if they have Dizzy Pig rubs. Sometime later he would have his wife call, daughter call, etc. Fast forward a little while he goes in and see Dizzy Pig on the shelf. He started talking to the owner about it, and the guy said we had all kinds of calls asking about this stuff. I guess this might be called reverse advertising.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL down for what? I probably am. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL down for what? I probably am. 

For a EggFest or Forum Type event? 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig Do your own thing???  okay.  I've heard the "ya Jax is getting a Fest in the future"...for several years.  Maybe you heard correctly or maybe it's all talk.  I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig Do your own thing???  okay.  I've heard the "ya Jax is getting a Fest in the future"...for several years.  Maybe you heard correctly or maybe it's all talk.  I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.
    LOL. Just sayin! You're gonna start seeing more and more Eggfests pop up bc corporate has changed retail levels. It's now required for Platinum dealers.