Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother natures finest

Options
Indianas opening weekend for firearm deer season was a success! 9 pointer strolled through and I settled my sights on him! Had to fire the egg up and grill the tenderloins the following day! 

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    nicely done sir!
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Nice buck!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    He's a beaut...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Very nice!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice spread on that buck. I'm only seeing 8 points. 
    Snellville, GA

• Canadian_Egghead
    Options
    looks great!! bet it tastes amazing!!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Stud right there, nice job. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    What part of IN? My parents live out near cloverdale. Also have family near Bedford. 
    VA Beach
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! One of my biggest kills so far. VB_egger said:
    What part of IN? My parents live out near cloverdale. Also have family near Bedford. 
    I actually live in Morgantown but shot this deer in property we hunt at just southwest a tad of Bedford. 
  • CountryBoy
    Options

Nice spread on that buck. I'm only seeing 8 points
    Right side main beam forked at the tip. Kinda hard to see in this pic with the angle it's facing
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Nice looking buck!! 
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    I don't understand the praising of this animal as "Mother Natures Finest" and then the subsequent firing a gun to kill him.

If you respect the beauty of this animal and what it has gone through to become what it is, how much pent up hate do you have to have in your life to want to kill it?
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    bobroo said:
    I don't understand the praising of this animal as "Mother Natures Finest" and then the subsequent firing a gun to kill him.

If you respect the beauty of this animal and what it has gone through to become what it is, how much pent up hate do you have to have in your life to want to kill it?
    If you dont like it keep scrolling! How much hate do you have in your life to be a keyboard warrior? I mean really were you picked on in school or what? No form of hate would ever justify a killing. I deer hunt to spend time in gods country and to provide for my family. This animal was killed humanely and legally. Every ounce of meat was salvaged and nothing went to waste. My grandpa tans hides and makes buckskin leather items. The horns are a bonus. I will never be a trophy hunter. I have been hunting for over 20 years and taken numerous game animals. All legally and never wasted a thing! Somewhere along the lines you have been misinformed . Hunting is a passion and something I will never give up. I take a lot of pride in providing for my family
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    People who hunt take on a lot of criticism from the other side. It's a lifestyle for many folks. For me as well. I love the outdoors and don't know what I would do without it. Do I have money to buy all my food at the store? Yes! But that still won't keep me from hunting and doing my own providing. Not all people are cut out to be hunters and fishermen. And that's fine. Please just look st it from all angles and take in consideration of others who are. Conservation plays a big part in everyone's lives. Hunting and fishing liscenses purchase acreage to help preserve the lands for our animals and numerous habitats nationwide each year. There's a lot more to it than that but let's be respectful
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    bobroo said:

I'm going to put my money on "unnamed forum member's  alternate novelty/troll account"
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    bobroo said:

I'm going to put my money on "unnamed forum member's  alternate novelty/troll account"
    Some people just don't get it I guess! The reason of my lengthy posts kinda shows the passion I have fo the outdoors. Sorry if I offended anyone but damn! I take my hunting pretty seriously!
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Hunt outside the rules, problem. Respect the laws and rules, no issue should ever be had. No offense @bobroo but what the heck do you think you are eating when you Egg!?!?!  That meat breathed and lived and hand a mind too. Hunting also keeps populations under control and those types of things are all taken into account when the laws are made and set up. 

To attack someone in a forum that is going to be seriously full of hunters and people that enjoy the sport and the great outdoors is not going to go over well for you at all. Long before Safeway and the butcher shop, everyone hunted and killed for their meal. It is not like the people here shoot the animal and then leave it there to die like target practice. 

There is something extremely right about someone that is proud of their hunt, and then enjoys the food reward from the hunt. That buck there went a better way than most very cow went, to stock the butcher and grocery store shelves. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    Hunt outside the rules, problem. Respect the laws and rules, no issue should ever be had. No offense @bobroo but what the heck do you think you are eating when you Egg!?!?!  That meat breathed and lived and hand a mind too. Hunting also keeps populations under control and those types of things are all taken into account when the laws are made and set up. 

To attack someone in a forum that is going to be seriously full of hunters and people that enjoy the sport and the great outdoors is not going to go over well for you at all. Long before Safeway and the butcher shop, everyone hunted and killed for their meal. It is not like the people here shoot the animal and then leave it there to die like target practice. 

There is something extremely right about someone that is proud of their hunt, and then enjoys the food reward from the hunt. That buck there went a better way than most very cow went, to stock the butcher and grocery store shelves. 
    Thanks for the kind words! Greatly appreciated
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bobroo said:

Oh deer.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Strong work! @CountryBoy
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    Focker said:
    Strong work! @CountryBoy
    Dyal_SC said:
    Nice buck @CountryBoy!!  
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    Nice buck
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.