Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 Tier to the Test

Options
Why1504
Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, my three teir came in and I plan to put this baby to the test. I am going to try to cook a complete meal for 4 people on the 3 teir at one time.[p]Here is the menu:
Breaded Chicken Breasts (modified DP crunchy wing recipe)
Biscuits
Peach Cobbler
Baked Potatoes (Hey I had to do something easy)[p]Everything will be done indirect. Starting temps will be @ 275 for the chicken and the potatos. I am expecting this to take around 2-2.5 hours. At the 1 hour to go mark I plan to insert the cobbler at 30 min to go I plan to increase the temps to 350 and insert the biscuits. Obviously if the chicken or potatos are done before the biscuits I will pull them. I expect the cobbler to take about 15 min after everything else is done. I have concerns about my biscuits as I usually cook my biscuits @ 450 for 15 minutes in the oven.[p]I will run the guru and my wireless thermometers to measure/monitor temps.[p]Any comments??

Comments

• Why1504
    Options
    why1504,[p]Oh yea, order - [p]Bottom, Potatos
    Middle - Chicken, Buscuits
    Top - Cobbler

• Unknown
    Options
    why1504,[p]I wouldn't want any chicken drippings going on my potatoes or any other item in this setup. Good luck with you cook.[p]Dave[p]

• Why1504
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]Yes, I will have to offset the chicken from the potatoes, or put the chicken on the bottom. The problem with the chicken on the bottom is that I will have to pull out the rack when I turn the chicken. [p]Maybe I start the potatos on the top, chicken in the middle, and shift everything down at the 1 hour mark.