Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2016
    Watching "The Truth" land in his own plane at Reagan National Airport. I hope he body slams Obingo when they meet. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC said:
    Chicken Fried Cubed Steak with Grits and Sausage Gravy dashed with Texas Pete.  #countryboy4life #culinaryredneck  ;) 

I bet you're tiered from all that stirrin'
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Watching the Tarmac Heels vs. Duke. It is early, uke is missing the D so far.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Dyal_SC said:
    Chicken Fried Cubed Steak with Grits and Sausage Gravy dashed with Texas Pete.  #countryboy4life #culinaryredneck  ;) 

I am very tiered. Might hafta call it an early nyte toonyte.  =)
  • Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:

I am very tiered. Might hafta call it an early nyte toonyte.  =)
    You want be sorry
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Looking for a little help from you car guys. I'm helping out my sister in law and replacing her front discs/pads on her Volvo. I finished the drivers side and now working on the passanger side. When putting on the disc I noticed a chip on the inside of the disc. Any worries about the disc? I'd like to finish it up tonight especially with the autoparts store closed but probably worth holding off until tomorrow for a replacement? Thanks for any suggestions

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    You need a new rotor. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • WeberWho
    Thanks @Dobie That's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Tough, traumatic, emotional day at the shop.  Two beers in the hot shower post shift day.  

One of my patients gave me a couple of touching Padre tokens, wouldn't take no for an answer.  I need to find a new spot for the chlorhexidine alcohol wipes that used to reside in my right front pocket.  I needed Saint Pio today.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Dyal_SC said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @theyolksonyou yalls smoke had made it all the way to Aiken. Whole area covered in it. Must be one hell of a fire. 
    The smoke is all over Lexington County too. 
    The wild fires have been going pretty strong in SE Kentucky as well. Getting bad in the Red River Gorge area, and continuing further south in the DBNF. That is a tremendous amount of acreage on fire. National Guard has been called in, the Gov has declared an emergency.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    WeberWho said:
    Looking for a little help from you car guys. I'm helping out my sister in law and replacing her front discs/pads on her Volvo. I finished the drivers side and now working on the passanger side. When putting on the disc I noticed a chip on the inside of the disc. Any worries about the disc? I'd like to finish it up tonight especially with the autoparts store closed but probably worth holding off until tomorrow for a replacement? Thanks for any suggestions

I would put a new one on the other side while you are at it. grease them thar caliper bolts!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    YukonRon said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @theyolksonyou yalls smoke had made it all the way to Aiken. Whole area covered in it. Must be one hell of a fire. 
    The smoke is all over Lexington County too. 
    The wild fires have been going pretty strong in SE Kentucky as well. Getting bad in the Red River Gorge area, and continuing further south in the DBNF. That is a tremendous amount of acreage on fire. National Guard has been called in, the Gov has declared an emergency.
    Atlanta is pretty bad. Looks like fog. Hopefully the wind will change direction and blow it all towards Ron  =)
  • WeberWho
    edited November 2016
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

I would put a new one on the other side while you are at it. grease them thar caliper bolts!
    I was able to finish up the drivers side last but ran into the bad disc doing the passangers side. I made a trip over this morning and grabbed a new disc. I made sure the caliper bolts were all cleaned up and greased before installing. Been super fortunate that everything has come off smoothly so far. For a 20 year old Minnesota car I had my doubts. I'm not sure if my sister in law has ever washed it the last few years she has owned it. She should be good to go in the next half hour or so. I'll take it into work today and see if it actually stops before I give it back to her and her family. ;) I've put off working on the spare Lumina we have for the last 3 months since it doesn't have brake lights. I believe it's the turn signal switch messing with them. Unfortunately I have to remove the steering wheel to remove the turn switch lever. Who came up with that genius idea? So hopefully this gives me the jump start I need to work on my own vehicle sitting in the driveway. Got to love cars!

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

I was able to finish up the drivers side last but ran into the bad disc doing the passangers side. I made a trip over this morning and grabbed a new disc. I made sure the caliper bolts were all cleaned up and greased before installing. Been super fortunate that everything has come off smoothly so far. For a 20 year old Minnesota car I had my doubts. I'm not sure if my sister in law has ever washed it the last few years she has owned it. She should be good to go in the next half hour or so. I'll take it into work today and see if it actually stops before I give it back to her and her family. ;) I've put off working on the spare Lumina we have for the last 3 months since it doesn't have brake lights. I believe it's the turn signal switch messing with them. Unfortunately I have to remove the steering wheel to remove the turn switch lever. Who came up with that genius idea? So hopefully this gives me the jump start I need to work on my own vehicle sitting in the driveway. Got to love cars!

Nice work.  Being in Michigan, we have the same rust issues.  When the cars get over 6-7 years old or so - RUST CITY on all things in the undercarriage.

I think you got lucky too that everything came off and went on nice.  

One time doing brake rotors on my 3/4ton chevy (a long time ago), I realized after I had the truck in the air and everything apart, that they gave me the wrong rotors.  Problem was, we had a single car width driveway and i stupidly was working on the truck behind our other vehicle, so returning the incorrect rotors and getting the new ones was done on a bicycle.  One rotor swinging in a shopping bag from each handlebar.  The rotor boxes were too big to fit in my backpack.  Those rotors are heavy swinging back and forth as I navigated city streets!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

Nice work.  Being in Michigan, we have the same rust issues.  When the cars get over 6-7 years old or so - RUST CITY on all things in the undercarriage.

I think you got lucky too that everything came off and went on nice.  

One time doing brake rotors on my 3/4ton chevy (a long time ago), I realized after I had the truck in the air and everything apart, that they gave me the wrong rotors.  Problem was, we had a single car width driveway and i stupidly was working on the truck behind our other vehicle, so returning the incorrect rotors and getting the new ones was done on a bicycle.  One rotor swinging in a shopping bag from each handlebar.  The rotor boxes were too big to fit in my backpack.  Those rotors are heavy swinging back and forth as I navigated city streets!  
    I totally know where you're coming from. I had a few hours off one morning before work so I decided to changey my oil in my newer Ranger. Just by habit I picked up some 10w-30 Mobil 1 since that is what my previous Ranger took. So I drain the oil from the truck, change the filter, and than go to put the oil in it. I see right on the cap a different weight oil. Dang it! I can't take the truck since I just drained the oil and my wife was at work. I could have probably used the 10w-30 oil but this was the first time my truck was switching over to synthetic. I didn't want to confuse it too much. So I had to go out and pull my bicycle out from the shed. I  quickly realized how badly I'm out of shape riding the 6 mile round trip on a bicycle. I made it work but it was ugly. I couldn't imagine roaters on a bike!

My friend called me 7-8 years ago before I had my own garage and asked me if I could go over to his friends townhouse and help him with his brakes. (My friend was house watching his friends house while they were on vacation) A perfect opportunity for my friend who was living in an apartment at the time to change his brakes. So my friend pulls out his buddies Silverado from the garage and parks it next to his car in the parking lot. As my friend is waiting for me he pulls his car into the garage and starts to take his front wheels off. My friend somehow managed to completely strip a lug nut before I got over there to help out. We didn't have very many tools since it was his friends garage. My friend said, "F-it" I'll just bring it in and have someone else deal with it. He was pretty upset at himself that he ruined and stripped a lug nut on his car. So he goes back and parks his car again near his friends Silverado. After he parks his car he jumps into his friends Silverado to put back into his garage. Either trying to show off or still pissy he floors the Silverado out of the parking spot. What he needs to do is slightly turn the wheel to get out of the parking spot around his car. Instead he floors the truck and turns the wheel way too hard and basically runs into his car! I can hardly write this as I'm laughing so hard. Not only does he bend up his friends bumper, he puts a huge dent in his rear passanger side door and wheel well. I was almost on the ground laughing when he did this. He gets out and goes, "that's not good". Good times, good times.

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Taking the kids to the "Wood Park" in Hampton on the river.  Bought this X-zyLo Gyroscope at Scheels.  So much fun on a beautiful fall day.

Then it went all Nacho Libre, my son tossing one cuz into another.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    @WeberWho I've got a set of Wilwood disc brakes that need to go on the camaro this weekend.  What time can you be here? 
  • WeberWho
    @WeberWho I've got a set of Wilwood disc brakes that need to go on the camaro this weekend.  What time can you be here? 
    It would be much more enjoyable putting on some disc's on a late 60's Camaro than a 1996 Volvo. Trust me on this one. ;)@DoubleEgger

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    WeberWho said:
    It would be much more enjoyable putting on some disc's on a late 60's Camaro than a 1996 Volvo. Trust me on this one. ;)@DoubleEgger
    My MIL had a Volvo convertible. Quirky little cars but they keep on running. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Focker said:
    Taking the kids to the "Wood Park" in Hampton on the river.  Bought this X-zyLo Gyroscope at Scheels.  So much fun on a beautiful fall day.

Then it went all Nacho Libre, my son tossing one cuz into another.

Wow. It's been a while since I've seen green grass. Everything is dead here from the drought. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Traveled up to NYC for the weekend.  Drinking wine and reading right now, dinner and a show later.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WeberWho
    edited November 2016
    WeberWho said:
    I agree. She has 175,000+ miles on it and has had little problems with it. I took it out after putting the front brakes in and it still shifts smoothly which I'd assume is the original transmission. 

Thinking about it, I believe the highest mileage car in the world is a 60's Volvo

Minnesota
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I agree. She has 175,000+ miles on it and has had little problems with it. I took it out after putting the front brakes in and it still shifts smoothly which I'd assume is the original transmission. 

Thinking about it, I believe the highest mileage car in the world is a 60's Volvo
    My neighbor growing up had a 81' 240 Estate in the ugly orange color. When I graduated high school it was up to 775,000 or so. 
  • Enjoying the first of many of these. After the week it has been, we all could use a few. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Enjoying the first of many of these. After the week it has been, we all could use a few. 
    This is when I hate being on the West Coast and still at work!!!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Enjoying the first of many of these. After the week it has been, we all could use a few. 
    This is when I hate being on the West Coast and still at work!!!!!
    @tikigriller I fee your pain. My wife's daughter is in Vegas right now.  I'm so jealous. But luckily I work in the oil field here in Texas and on Fridays, I'm fortunate to be able to get of around 1.  I also get every other Friday off. Makes for fun day drinking. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Sitting on the patio watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Trying for the husband of the year award. When the wife got home from work, I had reverse seared peach smoked lamb chops ready along with fingerling potatoes and green beans. Fresh rosemary, garlic, S&P and tuscan herb EVOO for the lamb chops and potatoes.  ;)

Butternut Chardonnay and a shot glass full of M&M's for dessert.   =)  Happy wife=happy life.  :)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Sitting at my basement bar with my brother-in-law and my nephew. They are here visiting from CA, my veteran nephew went to school this morning with my first grader for Veteran's Day appreciation. Had some good eats tonight. SRF Kurobuta pork collar. Smoked with cherry wood until 145*, then sliced and seared.

We're going to visit NYC tomorrow, starting out at Statue of Liberty first, then to Freedom Tower, not sure what after that. It will be my nephew's first time visiting NYC.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker