Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dizzy pig!!

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yeap i finally found a store that carries dizzy and i'm off tomorrow for a 4 hour drive to get there . well other thing to do there but hell its a good reason to start a trip i guess.so for a first time buyer that makes lots of pok and chicken on the egg witch one should i be purchasing? its a 4 hour drive so i wanna make sure i get the right one!!!
102_0905.jpg
legquarters.jpg
thanks mike

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    I hope Chris adds your post to his testimonial page. 4 hrs...wow.
    Make sure you get some Jamaican Firewalk. Goes great with pork and chicken. The aroma and taste will make sure you always have some in stock.
    ST

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Raging River for salmon or other fish. I've been using Red Eye Express for flat iron, hanger, and other full-flavored red meats - definitely a winner in my family. Tsunami Spin for shell fish - scallop, shrimp, and the like.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]If you are driving that far, why not buy one of each? I sure would!![p]I highly recommend the Dizzy Dust (both regular & coarse), and Tsunami Spin. The DD works on everything from beef tenderloins to salmon. The TS is my favorite for chicken & seafood. The Cowlick is really great too.
    And wait 'till you can try the Shakin' the Tree. It puts you in rub nirvana...

• bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    With gas being $3.00 (or more) a gallon, what about going to www.dizzypigbbq.com and ordering it on-line? I'm pretty sure the shipping charge will be way less then your fuel charge will be.[p]Steve

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    mikeb6109,
    Ditto all of the below! Purchasing on-line would be easier and much less costly. I buy on-line and usually get at least 6 bottles and it only costs $7 for shipping if I recall correctly. Enjoy!

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Order online. Make sure to get Tsunami Spin...best Chicken seasoning I've ever tasted. Swamp Venom is amazing in stews. They're all fantastic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mikeb6109, get several of each one! And shop online, save the $50-$60 in fuel, and spend it on extra DP. Really, unless you just want to make a road trip, shopping online is the way to go.[p]Hugh Jass
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning mikeb6109,
    Yup online is the way to go.
    The DP lads ship their orders out fast so you won't have much wait time.
    My favorites are Spin, Cowlick & Firewalk.
    Also get a sample pack so you can try all of their rubs.
    Cheers & have fun.
    bruce

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]Must have DP rubs for me are Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, Red Eye, Ragin River, and Tsunami Spin. I'm sure I'll add Shakin the Tree and Raising the Steaks once I try them. The last two are most likely too new to get anywhere except on line. [p]For pork I use Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, Ragin River and Tsunami Spin. For chicken Tsunami Spin, Ragin River and Swamp Venom. The Red eye is great on beef and ABT's. D Dust is very versatile as well and can be used on most anything. [p]Just buy more than one rub to make the trip worthwhile. You won't regret it.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX