Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quiche - I forget how good it is.

Options
Made quiche tonight. Four slices of bacon, 8 oz. spinach, 8 oz. mushrooms, 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, 6 eggs, 1 cup cream, S&P. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    This should say it all my friend:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @SGH Thank you my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH Thank you my friend. 
    My pleasure brother Aggie. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That is one beautiful quiche. Now where did I put that Chardonnay? Gotta stea.. er, borrow this.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Dredger Thanks. My wife suggested it last night. It had been a long time since I made one and I had forgotten how simple they are to make - and how tasty they are to eat. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    And I see this when there are no eggs in my house.  Looks great Sir!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    Looks Great, Brother! I'm adding this to my list.....
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That is a beaut!! I LOVE quiche, though I have never made one myself. It occurs to me that the realdeepdish.com Chicago pizza dough would be perfect for this! Takes 4 minutes to make the dough, let it rise for an hour and press it into the pan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5l2l3twB9M

Envision this with egg, spinach and cheese.=) For those of you who have made the pizza, what do you think? 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Daggum that looks good!  Nice work!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great brother Sci!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!  Awesome!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Had leftovers tonight after laying pavers all day. We made the transition from the house to the kitchen today. 

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon