Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ Temperature Control

Options
Has anyone used the Digi Q temperature controller.  Are they worth the money

Comments

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    I personally have the FlameBoss 200 and for me, yes, worth every penny if you do not want to have to play with temp control on long cooks. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Sure, many of us have used them, or similar devices. If I had it to do again, I would not. They work well, but I just don't think they, or overnight cooks, are needed.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bob923
    Bob923 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the input
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Yes.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have one. Used it for every overnighter for the last two years. I sleep well, it is worth every penny I spent, to me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BigGreenKev
    Options
    Worth every penny for me for different reasons.  Small kids and not a lot of time.  Light the grill and set temp and i dont have to monitor.  Get home from work, light and set it and chase kids for 20 min knowing it wont overshoot.  Long cooks or turbo on the weekends and i just set it.  I got it 4 years after i got my egg so i can totally operate without it.  Just makes it easier now to focus on other things.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    They're pretty nice. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I have the digi q and it works great but I don't use it as often as I thought I would.  if you want to send me a PM I would entertain a remotely decent offer.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    I have the digi q and it works great but I don't use it as often as I thought I would.  if you want to send me a PM I would entertain a remotely decent offer.

PM sent
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.