Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, it's not Friday but this is funny

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That is funny!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Changes things drastically for me. I have many uneducated, weapons toting, red neck, in-laws, that love to drink and use tannerite for amusement purposes. I shall now purchase things immune to that explosive material.
    Thank you for sharing. Problem solved.
    5 stars.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    @YukonRon

I shall also follow your advise...you never know when someone will try to shoot your egg full of tanerite(sp?) from 150 yards....

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Impressive display of ------ of ------.  Hang on, I'm thinking...

"Over-Kill" comes to mind.  But I'm still thinking.

Spring "I Didn't Realize That It Was Open Season On Kamado's" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Yeah I saw that while the summit was still being teased 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Um, uh, wow.  What did I just watch?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The first link is different than the second video link. But still entertaining...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • atouchofsmokeWP
    Options
    blowing up tannerite is always fun but that seems like a waste of a good cooker. Put that crap in a tree and blow it up not in a good smoker
    Franklin, TN
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Big Green Egg PSA:  don't store your tannerite in your Egg!!!
    Steve 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,181
    Options
    Well I guess the tales of the ceramic cap blowing off might be true....
  • jeponline
    Options
    They definitely destroyed a bunch of kamados if you look at the videos in the link.  I got sad though in the pizza video when he put corn meal on the stone.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I'm kind of lost here.  Both were rendered completely useless - and even if the Blaze had survived, is this their selling point?  These boys need to try a different approach and tether a dog to the kamado and see which breaks when it tips over.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They do show some more realistic testing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25jOqoJ3tYU

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Legume said:
    I'm kind of lost here.  Both were rendered completely useless - and even if the Blaze had survived, is this their selling point?  These boys need to try a different approach and tether a dog to the kamado and see which breaks when it tips over.
    Can't believe you went there...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2016
    Options
    NO WAY in hell I will sell my Eggs when I stop using them. I am going to blow the crap out of them. Will invite you and Lora to an all new Final Salado Mini Fest. 
    Now that is so cool..... Don't think my 9mm or .380 is going to work. Reason to buy a bigger round.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    This looks like good clean fun for a cause.  If you're blowing up ceramic grills, you're doing it wrong.

Presmoked bacon.
    https://youtu.be/r-0aRh7zRhE

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Lmao
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Mickey said:
    NO WAY in hell I will sell my Eggs when I stop using them. I am going to blow the crap out of them. Will invite you and Lora to an all new Final Salado Mini Fest. 
    Now that is so cool..... Don't think my 9mm or .380 is going to work. Reason to buy a bigger round.
    I don't know what your plans are for eternity @Mickey, but that mini sure would make a nice urn...eventually.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I kind of feel l like blowing up my Kahuna sometimes.  I bought it save time on weekday cooks, but it takes as long as my XL or longer to get up to temp.  Burns less lump, but not worth the $200 I paid for it.  I may use to do some cold smoking some day though.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Legume said:
    Mickey said:
    I don't know what your plans are for eternity @Mickey, but that mini sure would make a nice urn...eventually.

Mick, There was a guy on the old forum that was just going to smash them on the ground, 'member?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Legume said:
    Mickey said:

Mick, There was a guy on the old forum that was just going to smash them on the ground, 'member?
    No but I remember suggesting to Beli when he was flying from Georgia (I think) back to Mexico with his new Mini just to leave some burnt lump and tell the airline it's granny. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So that next video in line after had a half naked lady fishing in the keys. Eff egging I'm going fishing in the jets now. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Legume said:
    Mickey said:

No but I remember suggesting to Beli when he was flying from Georgia (I think) back to Mexico with his new Mini just to leave some burnt lump and tell the airline it's granny. 

I remember that! No flies on Beli! Wish he was on here. I don't know if you ever heard the story about me going to his house years ago. He comes out to the egg area of the casa with a whole rib primal (Mexican beef is amazing) and I asked him how he was going to cook it. He said I'm not...you are. Anyway we decide on a sear and dwell so I got his egg up to about a grand, threw this thing on, flipped it after a while and then shut the vents down. The cast iron thing on the top blew about thirty feet in the air after the oxygen was cut off for about fifteen minutes. His guests were suitably impressed. The beef turned out OK and his egg wasn't damaged beyond a gasket and a dented cast iron top. So anyway he's telling the story at Salado to Darian and a couple of other folks how his poor Choco his (now three legged dog after the explosion) runs  away if he ever brings meat in the house. He's impersonating his chocolate lab Choco beside the Inn and yelping if there was any meat visible. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. Miss him, Loren and Valeria.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Legume said:
    Mickey said:

I remember that! No flies on Beli! Wish he was on here. I don't know if you ever heard the story about me going to his house years ago. He comes out to the egg area of the casa with a whole rib primal (Mexican beef is amazing) and I asked him how he was going to cook it. He said I'm not...you are. Anyway we decide on a sear and dwell so I got his egg up to about a grand, threw this thing on, flipped it after a while and then shut the vents down. The cast iron thing on the top blew about thirty feet in the air after the oxygen was cut off for about fifteen minutes. His guests were suitably impressed. The beef turned out OK and his egg wasn't damaged beyond a gasket and a dented cast iron top. So anyway he's telling the story at Salado to Darian and a couple of other folks how his poor Choco his (now three legged dog after the explosion) runs  away if he ever brings meat in the house. He's impersonating his chocolate lab Choco beside the Inn and yelping if there was any meat visible. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. Miss him, Loren and Valeria.
    Yes Sir I do remember that. Valeria and my Granddaughter went to summer camp one year together and Beli & Loren spent the night at our house in Salado. Linda and I laughed all damn night. I had no idea what the hell to cook so we did brisket burgers and he talked about them for a couple of years. Im with you, wish he was back.

• Little Steven
    Options
    He's way taller than you man.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YEMTrey
    Options
    I remember joining the old forum when I first got my XL.  Beli's cooks and home is amazing.  I also remember being floored when cooknbiker posted pics of their cooks.  Her and Enrico had cooks that I would use as wallpaper on my computer!  Wish a lot of the old forum peeps were over here.
    Steve