Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Competition time again!

Options
My first stab at snake river farms Kurobuta shoulder and wagyu brisket on the eggs! Wish me luck! This is our annual BBQ competition. I have taken 1st place pulled pork and ribs before so I upped the ante with these meats!
XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land

Comments

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Great Start!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    I would like to try one of those shoulders sometime 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    The product going in has a great influence on the outcome.  Starting with those cuts likely already puts you well ahead of the rest of the competition.  Good luck and take no prisoners.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Good luck!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Interesting. I've been a part of BBQ teams. And never have I seen where you supply your own proteins. That would seem to immediately tilt the scales. Well unless of coarse you have a monkey on crack operating the pit. Good luck. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Interesting. I've been a part of BBQ teams. And never have I seen where you supply your own proteins. That would seem to immediately tilt the scales. Well unless of coarse you have a monkey on crack operating the pit. Good luck. 
    All of the KCBS competitions you supply your own. Including the American royal. 

I have never seen one where you don't supply your own actually. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    Sorry guys, I mispoke. It's actually a double R ranch brisket from Snake river farms. I'm sure it's almost as good as wagyu. 
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @bhedges1987 Only local Podunk comps. Maybe that's their thing. Either way you should have a leg up on your competitors unless everybody else is using Gold SRF :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Or the TV ones that provide proteins......

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!