Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Turkey Seasoning

Options

Has anyone tried it yet? Did not find anything in the last bunch of pages or with the search tool. 
Egging year 'round in North Dakota
1.JPG 22.8K

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    I think this only just hit the site for sale a couple days ago.  Any Dizzy testers get this early?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I'm  also waiting to read some reviews.  If it's good on turkey, chicken would probably benefit too..
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Please..someone try it......I was just thinking about Thanksgiving this morning and how to do the Turkey.........was gong to just follow the recipe on naked whiz....
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Please..someone try it......I was just thinking about Thanksgiving this morning and how to do the Turkey.........was gong to just follow the recipe on naked whiz....
    You won't be disappointed. Note that the only non fresh seasonings called for in Max's recipe are salt and pepper. Everything else is fresh. No "rub" involved.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    You won't be disappointed. Note that the only non fresh seasonings called for in Max's recipe are salt and pepper. Everything else is fresh. No "rub" involved.
    Mmmmmmm. I wish it was November already. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm interested. Not much from dizzy pig I don't like. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Something else for my next order.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I ordered the holiday pack.  It has the Mad Max, Mediteranianish and Pineapple Head.  In spite of my MIL coming to stay with us over Thanksgiving,  I'm looking forward to it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Okay I ordered the holiday 3 pack. I already had Pineapple Head but I figure I can run through a lot of that. Shipping is a bit pricey though. Hmmm, pork loin covered in Pineapple Head ?
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    Picked up a bottle today and had it signed by the man himself. Always have a good time stopping by there and talking to Max as well as all the other staff. Also, checked out there new store coming soon. Was told an opening right around the new year. Can't wait

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Gimme!  Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!  Gotit!  Gotit!  Gotit!  Gotit!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Loubo83
    Loubo83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I plan to pick up a bottle while I'm there for DizzyFest 11 on Nov 5.  Thanks for sharing the photo of their future store.  During one of their classes @Nature Boy (Chris Cappell) shared schematics of the store.  It's going to look amazing!  Can't wait!
    Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, Weber Smokey Mountain, LBGE, MiniMax and Mini
    Hyattsville, MD (Washington DC Metro Area)
  • kwdickert
    Options
    Any update? I just bought the whirly bird seasoning for my thanksgiving turkey because no one had tried this yet. Will what I chose work fine?
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    I bought some. It tastes pretty good. I haven't tried it on a Turkey yet. 

Oh...and it didn't have clumps.  =)

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I used it last weekend at our holiday kick off demo on a turkey breast. Sold all of the bottles we had in stock that day. Nuf said
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    Speaking about Max, does any one know - is he retired now from his gubbermint job and just works PT for DP? How about daughter Spawn? What is she doing now?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.