Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congrats to Citizen Q!

Herm
Herm Posts: 206
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Despite the monsoon, got 3rd place Ribs and 7th in Chicken at Harpoon working all by himself! [p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Excellent work Sean. I was happy to see your name mentioned so often. That is one hell of a tough contest.
    Congrats
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Herm,
    Thanks, it was a real pleasure meeting you and your wife this weekend. I don't know if you got a chance to try the chicken wings, but they took second place in yesterday's grilling comp. I'm feeling pretty stoked. I'll keep you filled in on the upcoming Cape Cod Classic.[p]Cheers,
    Sean

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Citizen Q,[p]No, I didn't get to try the wings. I wish I did! Congrats!
    I was going to ask you how the 2nd day went. I couldn't find the results of the grilling anywhere. How'd the pork chop do? and the lobster tails??

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Citizen Q,
    Congrats! How'd you handle the turn-in? My wife helps me for that part. I cook alone through the night, but I'm sure glad my wife is there to help with the last 2 hours.[p]How many Eggs did you use? I keep thinking life would be easier with more than one Large Egg, but I've already thrown a lot of money at this hobby...[p]Congrats again!
    Mike

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks Chris, but I'll tell ya, packing up to head out as tropical storm Beryl poured down Thursday night, I came real close to saving myself the gas money and staying home. But as soon as I got up there, I was having way too much fun to even consider how tough the competition actually was. What a fantasic event all around. The rain just ensured that the crowd was hardcore and more fun was had than should be legal. Well, some of it probably wasn't, but this is a family forum sooo.....
    Anyway, the pre-game exasperation factor should be minimalized in the future as I am forming up a new team with 3 guys from another team that are sick of losing all the time:) Funny thing is, the other guys from the team they're abandoning didn't even bother to show for Harpoon. With four of us, expanding the team's geographical range is much more possible.[p]Cheers,
    Sean

• Herm,
    The pork chop and lobster scored decent but wound up 18th and 21st out of 31 teams. The other category was sausage, my same exact turn-in that netted me 2nd place at the Snowshoe Grilling challenge 4 months ago came in 28th yesterday. The guys next to me that won 1st place at Snowshoe with the same exact sausage that came in 29th yesterday. Go figure.[p]Cheers,
    Sean

• Eggtuary,
    Thanks, the trick for me is to get a minimum of an hour and 45 minutes sleep during the night, you need to be rested. I actually look forward to running my own boxes, it helps with the ADD and it's really encouraging to hear the other chefs call out as you breeze by, even if it is trash-talk and they're just trying to slide tackle me.
    I cook on 2 larges, and would be more comfortable with five. I know cooking all 4 categories can be done on 1 large, but it doesn't leave any room for error. If you can do it, go for a 2nd Egg, especially if you're competing.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Citizen Q,
    congrats, by the way. veri impressive.[p]where on the cape are you? just spent a cuppla weeks down there. no good 'Q that i could find....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike,
    Thanks, hope you enjoyed your vacation. I'm in Centerville. You're right, no good Q, but more great seafood than you can shake a stick at. [p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    C~Q,
    went right by.[p]....i worked on the oyster harbors club down by you... just opened

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Herm,
    Sean kicked some major butt! Way to go dude! [p]"It's In The Flava"[p]BBQ Bob Trudnak