Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Spatchcock

Options
tikigriller
tikigriller Posts: 1,389
edited October 2016 in Poultry
simple meal. Took forever to cook. Or so it seems. 375 with two chickens going. Indirect.  Put on at 645, tip chicken took to 815 to be done. The second one took all of 2 hours. Is that right?  I really have to get my timing down. My wife is getting impatient waiting for dinner. 

It it was good. Enjoy the pics. And a little sarcasm. 

This was the first one off from the top rack. 

Second one off is for chicken enchiladas tomorrow off the egg.  One of our first repeats so I am looking forward to improving on the last. 

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California

Comments

• cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Well it looks awesome. Have u tried direct?
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Yeah. I think I did direct last time which is why I remember it only taking about 30-45 minutes. 

This one tasted really good though.....I think I prefer the indirect. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    I got a great chuckle at all the forks.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Those forks are fine. DIRTY forks are the ones in question. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Lucky we didn't say anything about the dirty knife.