Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you could design your own Blackstone

Options
McStew
McStew Posts: 965
If you could design your own Bstone what would you do. How many burners, size, splash guard any ideas would be appreciated. This unit will be used for work outings able to serve about 50-60 people and for family reunions.  
Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    If you're wanting portability then 36" would be my max and you might as well buy a Blackstone 

Otherwise, 48"x30", 1/2 plate steel, 6 burner, 3" sides, rolled front edge, large grease trough sloped to a large catch. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Better burners (to prevent burn through - I think it's just a matter of time), with a better design to get more even coverage of center cooking area with slight gap towards each edge (so you can easily bank cooked product). Slightly thicker plate steel. Size: No clue. Probably a bit bigger than the existing size in each direction, so 42"x 24" minimum. A slightly larger trough in front to catch drippings. Stopper at the end beyond the hole.
    South SLO County
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just picked up a 17" Blackstone today, haven't fired it up to season it yet, will do that tomorrow. That said, this looks like it might fit what you are looking for.
    http://www.webstaurantstore.com/crown-verity-mg-72lp-72-portable-outdoor-griddle-liquid-propane/255MG72.html

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas keep them coming working on some sketches now.   I hope to complete this by Xmas in my spare time. 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    A better machined cooking service.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin