Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTs: Look like Hell, taste like Heaven

Options
CT Grillguy
CT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife was appalled that I wanted to make something called Atomic Buffalo Turds for out annual block party. Well, when they came off the Egg, her opinion hadn't changed. She at 6 of them at the party. The pan was gone in 30 mins ( and I attribute it taking that long to the time it takes for word of mouth to overtake the asthetic challenges they present ). Great recipe and we're fans!!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    IMG_0936.jpg
    <p />CT Grillguy,
    I can understand something thinking the name is bad, but you say they looked bad??? I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but please tell me what is ugly about them!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Options
    RRP,
    Those look great. That round perforated pan looks like it's very useful. What is it & where can I get one?
    Thanks

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    RRP,[p]Those look very nice indeed. Mine looked more like their namesake. Tasted amazing, however.
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    CT Grillguy,[p]I nuke the bacon in the microwave for about a minute to pre-cook it a bit. Then cook them on a grid extension above a foil drip pan. That shields them from direct heat, and catches the bacon grease. 45 min to an hour, with some hickory, and they come out golden brown. [p]Chuck
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Rodan,
    that is an old pizza pan for the oven that we have had for years. I have since found that I prefer using my plate sitter with legs up, covered with foil to keep it from getting yucky and then place the grill on the legs. Furthermore I use an auxilaiary grill and place the uncooked ABT's on it in the kitchen and spaced so as to get a good dose of smoke.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.