Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Probable Next to Last Post

Options
For awhile.

Going to cook everything fresh in the house tomorrow.  Might post that.

I'm almost at ground zero, will post cooks later in the week if I still have a house.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Best wishes Doc, bring the birdseye peppers indoors.

Still time to get out.  It ain't worth dying or being seriously injured over, but I'd probably do the same.

Godspeed.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    For us IN-Landers we take this time of year for granted.  Stay safe and best of luck.  I know a lot of folks here and all over will be thinking of you guys.

Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Best wishes Doc, bring the birdseye peppers indoors.

Still time to get out.  It ain't worth dying or being seriously injured over, but I'd probably do the same.

Godspeed.
    Too late to get into traffic, been there done that and besides my bail out location is also in the track.  Good solid house, aluminum shutters, supplies.  Just hope none of the darned trees fall on us.  Two daughters in the zone as well.  Damned thing looks like it will loop around and hit us again, right about where the younger daughter lives.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    Stay safe. Sending good juju to all of you who will be impacted 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Good luck and be safe Doc.  We'll keep all you guys in the path in our thoughts.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Prayers heading yalls way. Nice burger too. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Good luck sir. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Damn.....be safe. You've made it through them before I assume, so what's one more, right?
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Damn.....be safe. You've made it through them before I assume, so what's one more, right?
    This is number seven, but never a Cat 4.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Where are you at? I'm hunkering down too. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Those are some mighty large slices of onion :o . Great looking burgers. Stay safe and eat large. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Titusville.  I'd sure as heck rather be here for the apocalypse than Jacksonville.  I hope you have a lot of ammo.  :-)

• Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    All the best to you and your family! Take care. 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Those are some mighty large slices of onion :o . Great looking burgers. Stay safe and eat large. 
    Just the way Thomas Hudson would slice them.

• Dobie
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Titusville.  I'd sure as heck rather be here for the apocalypse than Jacksonville.  I hope you have a lot of ammo.  :-)
    Have more ammo than I would ever admit to on the internet 
     ;) 
    Im on the west side of Jax so not right on the coast.  
    Jacksonville FL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Have more ammo than I would ever admit to on the internet 
     ;) 
    Im on the west side of Jax so not right on the coast.  
    I spent some time at JU so I have some (dated) knowledge of Jacksonville.

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Just south of Jacksonville. This is going to suck. Dont think we will make it to Eggtoberfest because of work. Hopefully this thing stays east. Be safe
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Fingers crossed....

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Dobie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton funny thing, I was  born in Jax and been here all my life except about 4 years that I lived in Titusville as a little kid. Let's just hope it doesn't turn inland. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm in Miami; son in Ft. Lauderdale and daughter in Ponte Vedra (just south of Jacksonville.  Next two days are going to be very rough.
    Experienced Andrew first hand...Bryan Norcross was a life saver when he was on the air in Miami during Andrew.
    My plan was to fly to Atlanta on Friday for Eggtoberfest.  Looking doubtful.  :s
    I wish you all well - stay safe.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Best of luck guys- stay safe. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @Doc_Eggerton funny thing, I was but born in Jax and been here all my life except about 4 years that I lived in Titusville as a little kid. Let's just hope it doesn't turn inland. 
    Darned thing is going to loop to the east and hit us again around Ft. Lauderdale.

• Dobie
    Options
    Lots of eggheads in the path of this beast. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Godspeed. Hope it's not as bad as expected. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Hang tough Doc. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My MIL lives in south Florida.  She had a ticket to visit my BIL flying out Thursday or Friday I think.  The airline got her out early.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oh, praying for you Doc and all the Florida brethren (sisters included).
    Flint, Michigan
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Titusville here also...waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @Doc_Eggerton funny thing, I was  born in Jax and been here all my life except about 4 years that I lived in Titusville as a little kid. Let's just hope it doesn't turn inland. 
    Jacksonville born and raised also.  Dobie....do you happen to own a auto repair shop?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!