Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Ready

Options
Looks like it is going to get windy around here for a couple of days.  Let's see...generator fired up and test run ok, flyable put into the garage, two big green eggs, enough lump to last a month, freezer full of protein to cook, water and beer in garage.  Yep, I think I am ready. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Be safe! 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Good luck brother!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Keep us posted! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Hoping all goes well for everyone in it's path.
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    I think some egging pictures mid hurricane would go a long way!!!  

Be safe. See ya on the othe side!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Good luck 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Best of Luck!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That's what we call grinning and bearing it bud.  Hunker down, stay safe, and good luck
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Bart1434
    Bart1434 Posts: 160
    Options
    Goodluck, stay safe!

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Wow, I don't like that path on the map!  Its going to get funky for sure!

Batten those hatches a little extra once it starts and Egg on!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    NOT looking any better!  "Latest 12z GFS running... and is NOW making a Florida landfall! This is showing a shift to the west some. Stay alert! Everything you need for Hurricane Matthew is on my site at www.spaghettimodels.com."

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Batten down the hatches and if the power goes out fire up the egg and set up a pulled pork and ribs stand in the driveway to feed the neighbors
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Batten down the hatches and if the power goes out fire up the egg and set up a pulled pork and ribs stand in the driveway to feed the neighbors
    You know it!  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    You poor gator fans just can't catch a break this fall. 

Good luck. Don't forget to turn the auto sprinklers off. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    NOT looking any better!  "Latest 12z GFS running... and is NOW making a Florida landfall! This is showing a shift to the west some. Stay alert! Everything you need for Hurricane Matthew is on my site at www.spaghettimodels.com."

I'm following this closely.  We're looking at St. Augustine Beach as a possible retirement location.  According to a realtor there it has never been hit by a hurricane from the Atlantic - only gotten some rain as one passed over the state from the Gulf.

Manhattan has actually been hit by more hurricanes than St. Augustine.  But if the projection you posted comes true we may adjust our planning - not necessarily to avoid the area, but maybe to pay closer attention to building elevation above sea level and distance from the water, etc.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    What will you be cooking for the big event? JKOC....be safe out there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Man, this could wreck a party or two.

As my shop foreman Big Kurt used to say, "dig in, like an Arkansas tick."
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I'm following this closely.  We're looking at St. Augustine Beach as a possible retirement location.  According to a realtor there it has never been hit by a hurricane from the Atlantic - only gotten some rain as one passed over the state from the Gulf.

Manhattan has actually been hit by more hurricanes than St. Augustine.  But if the projection you posted comes true we may adjust our planning - not necessarily to avoid the area, but maybe to pay closer attention to building elevation above sea level and distance from the water, etc.
    I would not take the word of a realtor. Talk to the locals, or a local meteorologist. IMO, even if what the realtor says is true, I don't believe that means a whole lot for what is or is not coming in the future. New Orleans had a bunch of near misses (or is that near hits) and then they got Katrina.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Be safe 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I would not take the word of a realtor. Talk to the locals, or a local meteorologist. IMO, even if what the realtor says is true, I don't believe that means a whole lot for what is or is not coming in the future. New Orleans had a bunch of near misses (or is that near hits) and then they got Katrina.
    Or...being it's the 21st century one could hit the Google.

Looks like Hurricane Dora in 1964 would reveal that Realtor to be incorrect.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I think some egging pictures mid hurricane would go a long way!!!  

Be safe. See ya on the othe side!!!

Kinda hard to keep the temps down eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    You poor gator fans just can't catch a break this fall. 

Good luck. Don't forget to turn the auto sprinklers off. 
    Yeah...what was it, 11 years straight???  How has those last few years for the Vols been?  LOL!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Meteorologist, geologists and cartographers are a bunch of liar scientists.  i would just buy whatever looks pretty and go with your gut.
    Options

Best of luck to you, and everyone else in the danger zone.

Phoenix 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    Funny little story..

A few years back when Florida was getting pelted with these weather dreidels about every other week, a co-worker and I had to travel to FP&L to ensure their systems properly failed over to the BCP sites. We had to drive to Miami from Lauderdale and try and get a flight out. We ended up having to drive across alligator alley and up the west coast of Florida to drop off the rental car at the Atlanta airport about 3am. Interstate 75 was ~20/30 miles an hour all the way up to Interstate 10.  We had to stop about 5 times for gas due to the amount the stations would allow you to get. 

The funny part, this was the first week with the company for the guy I was traveling with..He lasted another 3 days and quit...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga