Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftovers... The name of the game!

Options
Day off today. Lit the egg with no plan whatsoever. Lots of errands and kids sports stuff today so couldn't do anything crazy. Ended up at the grocery store, buying a fresh Bell and Evans chicken, and fixin's for meatloaf. I also got stuff to make homemade salsa if I have the time.

Chicken rubbed with Dizzy Pig Raging River. Meatloaf made with beef, pork sausage, ketchup, sweet baby Ray's, egg, and shredded pepper jack cheese. I forgot to get bread crumbs, so I smashed up a bunch of cheese-its (kids snack on hand!). On to egg at 275 or so, gonna start slow then bump it up and try to time stuff being ready between soccer practices... Most of this will end up as leftovers for the rest of the week. Finished pics to follow...

Large BGE -- New Jersey

Comments

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    That's one thing I absolutely love about the egg. The ability to put things on and still go about your day!!

Can't  wait to see the finish. All this meatloaf. So needing to do. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    And we find @JacksDad passed out on the couch an hour later with the ChefAlarm beeping like...

Love me a spatchcock with raging river river but I always lose my home vote to swamp venom. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    That's one thing I absolutely love about the egg. The ability to put things on and still go about your day!!

Can't  wait to see the finish. All this meatloaf. So needing to do. 
    Yes I couldn't help myself, reading this forum and seeing all the meatloaf, i had to go with that today. 

I saw your cookies on the other thread, will have to give that a try too. I loaded the egg up this am with Rockwood, if there's still some left after all the kids stuff is done I may throw some on as well! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JacksDad
    Options
    And we find @JacksDad passed out on the couch an hour later with the ChefAlarm beeping like...

Is that your kid? Haha... Could certainly be one of mine! They love their starchy snacks! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    JacksDad said:

Is that your kid? Haha... Could certainly be one of mine! They love their starchy snacks! 

No, just a cheese it pic from the Internet. Mine is still at the Cheerios on the hour every hour phase. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JacksDad
    Options
    Here are the results... Love this egg! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JacksDad
    Options
    There are some black flakes on the meatloaf and chicken. They started drifting off the dome every time I opened it. Never had that happen before, but I guess I finally built up enough of a crust up there. I scraped it all off with a ball of aluminum foil before doing the salsa. 
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JacksDad
    Options
    Oh and cheese-its in meatloaf are delicious! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I can't stand meatloaf. Even the word meatloaf is gross. But cheezit meatloaf? That's something I can support!!!  Genius! :clap:
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options

Love me a spatchcock with raging river river but I always lose my home vote to swamp venom. 
    Mix up a batch of Mickey's rub. It's the real deal. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    A+++
    Seattle, WA