Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- I'm still alive

Options
Sorry I've been missing in action for a while. Ive just had alot going on.lots of life changes happening.  Been super busy with my business. My wife had weight loss surgery earlier this summer . my little boy started public school. I havnt been cooking as much as usual. I found a property like something we've always wanted ( big and industrial with shop space for car stuff/projects) and close on in a couple of weeks. Its a 9000sq ft building that was built and used as dodge dealership in 1938.its gonna be a big project. But we're pumped. We're also planning on making a living space there. A blank palette with plenty of room for a commercial style kitchen with a attached covered/outdoor cooking space. So have I missed out on any important happening. Has everyone been well behaved? Is @nolaegghead still a hippie? Is @SGH s seal of approval still the standard? Is he still cooking in the style of dixie? Whats the newest BGE cooking fad? 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You've been missed. Good luck with the property
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sounds like good things happening.  That's a good thing, even though less BBQ isn't. 

Nope, cut off the long hair.  Now I have a weird afro and look like a hipster clown.  It might help me get out of speeding tickets, however....if they can ever catch me.
    Options
    Looking like a clown right now with all of these freaky clown sightings is definitely not a good thing!

looking forward to getting to know you @texaswig
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Looking like a clown right now with all of these freaky clown sightings is definitely not a good thing!

looking forward to getting to know you @texaswig
    No joke.  That's one reason I wear hats.
    Options
    That made me laugh out loud @nolaegghead I'm not just saying lol. 
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    What @nolaegghead? No long Fabio hair flowing in the wind while cruising around in a convertible Porsche? I've had long hair. But short is way more comfortable.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Hey hey hey....I take great pride in NOT having a convertible.  I bought a driver's car. 

I took the hair I cut off and tied it up in a pony tail.  Whichever hat I wear, I clip it on the top, straight up.  Easily removed before police pull me over for speeding.
    Options
    And there you are!! Stop by next time you are around here.
    We will be going through Greenville this morning on the way to Jefferson.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Welcome back.  Stike has changed his name a couple more times.  @Mickey shows up on occasion when he has time between retirement galavants.  And my son is going to brisket camp without me.  I'm not bitter or disappointed.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    While you were gone we sorted out which lump is best and the best way to light it. We also determined the best size of egg. But the thread got buffaloed when Scotty got excited and posted the wrong picture of his "big unit"

welcome back!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats on your new beginnings.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    blind99 said:
    While you were gone we sorted out which lump is best and the best way to light it. We also determined the best size of egg. But the thread got buffaloed when Scotty got excited and posted the wrong picture of his "big unit"

welcome back!

Oh yeah.  The most surprising part of that thread was when we concluded that you should cook brisket with fat on the side.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Good to see you back, dude. Was just about to text you to see if you were going to be at the Jefferson eggfest this weekend. 

Be be there or be square. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Are you going to make it BCIII? We need more of those tacos!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

welcome back!

Oh yeah.  The most surprising part of that thread was when we concluded that you should cook brisket with fat on the side.
    Who would have thought? A lot of amazing cooks around here!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @hotch yes we need to get together and cook or something. @Eggcelsior sadly I'm gonna miss this year got to much going on. Money and time wise. @caliking I've got some work to do that morning. But if I get done early enough or may have it moved up to Friday  . I might be able to come hangout for a few hours. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    texaswig said:
    So have I missed out on any important happening.

You have missed some great cooks my friend. 

Has everyone been well behaved?

No. The hippies and liberals have been running wild. 

Is @nolaegghead still a hippie?

Just as sure as as a liberal will lie. 

Is @SGH s seal of approval still the standard?

I still proudly give it to those who are worthy. 

Is he still cooking in the style of dixie?

Until the day that I die my friend. 

Whats the newest BGE cooking fad? 

Cooking in the nude has become all the rage during your absence  ;) 

Glad to see you back my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.