Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone cooking tonight?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ribs for me. I really need the 12 step process to quit cooking these so often. Hey, a Honey Mustard Pork Loin on the side.[p]time is all we really have, use it wisely[p]Mike

Comments

• orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Ha, that's funny! I cant get enough ribs also. Family is not complaining yet though. Doing a couple 7 pound butts tonight for tomorrows dinner. Got some Bone Sucking Sauce to try with it this time, rather than my usual KC Masterpiece. 118 degrees here in Phoenix today so I hope it cools off tonight during my "wake up calls" to check the fire. Ugh, my whole kingdom for a Guru!!

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    No ribs here for a while. No kitchen. If it doesn't come ready to plop on the Egg, it won't get cooked until around August 25.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I don't either.
    I guess spent on new cell phones. LOL[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    orion11,
    Glad it cooled down for you. We had heat indexes of 125 last week.
    Bone Sucking is really close to Gates. Really good, enjoy.
    That dang RRP got me on Blues Hog.[p]Mike

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,

I slow smoked 10 chicken thighs today. 3 w/ Raging River, 3 w/Jamaican Firewalk, and 4 w/ Tsunami spin. Gotta love those dizzy pig rubs.[p]I'll be grilling some corn to go with it.[p]I took 3 of the Tsuanmi Spin thighs and chopped them up and am making some smoked chicken salad for lunch this week. A friend at work turned me on to it. [p]John

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I am doing a bunch of leg quarters....each one with a different sauce...[p]And I am roasting about 15 heads of garlic...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I did simple hamburgers for lunch.[p]I've had some ribeyes marinating for a couple of days in a new recipe that I found in a Tabasco Chipotle box. Tried the marinade first on some poultry and really liked it, and thought it would be perfect for pork tenderloins.[p]But the new Bobby Flay Throw Down show (where he grills steak against the USMC Captain) got me thinking about using the marinade for steak. So I'll be T-Rexing tonight. :~)[p]Adrian B.

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Salmon and a pork tenderloin.[p]Toy Man
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I'm doing two tri tips tonight with a simple S&P and garlic salt rub. Slice thin for sandwiches. Tom

• El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    JM3,
    Hey, can you post the smoked chicken salad recipe? TIA!

• Eggecutioner
    Eggecutioner Posts: 628
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Taking some pics to post later.[p]E
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    About ready to start two full half cocked chickens, grilled squash and zucchini, broccoli and tomatoes. Just got my first batch of Dizzy Pig Rubs and will try four of them.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Grouper fillets for me. Haven't figured out how I want to cook 'em yet. Also have some oysters I'd love to do. Sides will most likely be some white corn, cowboy potatoes and garden tomatoes.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    After many racks of superb Dr. BBQ's Backyard Championship Ribs (foiling method) ... I am doing 5-6 hour indirect at 225 using QBabes spritz every 30 minutes. I must say, after 4.5 hours, they are LOOKING MIGHTY TASTY![p]

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Tell us your method on the garlic .... olive in foil, maybe?

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Spinach ricotta ravioli with butter sage sauce and chicken saltimbocca. -RP

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    El Jefe,

Don't really have a recipe. I'm thinking 3 to 1 mayo to bbq sauce until the salad is covered, 1 finely chopped stalk celery, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1 tbl Tsunami spin. If I had some good Kalamata olives I might be tempted to add them but alas they aren't in the fridge. Maybe some chopped walnuts or green grapes if you like. I don't so I won't be adding them.[p]Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I don't have a recipe.[p]John

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Ginger-lime chicken satays from the dizzypig recipe. First time try.

• El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]probably the most best oyster recipe from New Orleans....Drago's Charbroiled oysters
    [ul][li]Drago's[/ul]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    3ee1e5be.jpg
    <p />El Jefe,[p]Agreed. I go much less than 1T on the garlic butter, I can't get ahold of the big guys.[p]I do like Oysters Bienville, but they are a little busy for me. Of course, the fryin' pan always works good too.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Unknown
    Options
    three racks of baby backs, should come off in 1/2 hour, over 100 here in Oregon right now, that is hot for us!
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Tsunami spun wings, some more wings with a Tsunami/5-spice/soy sauce/honey marinade, some red potatoes with herbs-de-provence and some fresh corn. Hope everyone had a great weekend![p]Jim
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Hickory smoked pulled beef using DP Raising the Steaks Seasoning...I think this batch was one of my best yet. Just got done roasting corn in the husk, now I'm too full to move. Our picnic out on the patio was very nice, a beautiful evening here.
    Hope yours is nice also.
    Clay

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Spatchcock chicken with ragin river rub. Last night was spare ribs. All is/was good and I have a couple or three nights good eating for this week with the leftovers.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Options
    8 1/2# Packer cut brisket. Cooked overnight. Pulled off this morning, foiled and toweled. Point removed for burnt ends. Roasted corn on the cob. Yummy!!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Grilled some U-10 shrimp with Tsunami Spin rub, garlic and EVOO along with NT strip steaks with the Coffee Rub recipe I just got from mollyshark. Also fixed new red potatoes with butter and thyme and sauteed mushrooms. All went well with a nice red wine (Vega Castilla from Ribera del Duero).

• Big Daddy - OCT
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Saw ribs cooked like this in a post a couple of weeks ago. Since I have trouble fitting them on my medium I had to try it..awesome!![p]
    BabyBacks2.jpg