Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Announcement: The 3rd Annual Brisket Camp is October 22, 2016

Options
12346»

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn - excellent, we love to talk music.   Perhaps your BIL will want to pick up an instrument and entertain us plebeians.  I'll yell: "FREEBIRD!!"

I have a diverse array of instruments he can choose from....

He doesn't perform much any more.  And never did as a solo act.  He played in a number of bands over the years - mostly on bass, but he can also play guitar.  He teaches sound engineering at this point and loves to talk music - but I can't imagine you'll get him to play.
    I'm thinking that with enough liquid courage he might get up and play a few tunes. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    This is on my bucket list for sure. Can't this year, will hope to do it someday maybe after I'm also a better cook and can contribute to the camp other than being my normal dullard drunken self.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn - excellent, we love to talk music.   Perhaps your BIL will want to pick up an instrument and entertain us plebeians.  I'll yell: "FREEBIRD!!"

I have a diverse array of instruments he can choose from....

He doesn't perform much any more.  And never did as a solo act.  He played in a number of bands over the years - mostly on bass, but he can also play guitar.  He teaches sound engineering at this point and loves to talk music - but I can't imagine you'll get him to play.
    I'm thinking that with enough liquid courage he might get up and play a few tunes. 

He has a paradoxical reaction to liquid courage.  The more he drinks the more he feels the need to be in control.  I'm not saying it won't happen.  But if it does, it will be at the 1-2 beer mark.  He rarely goes past that anyway. 

The only way this really plays out is if he is the missing piece of a band that wants to play. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    October is quarter end for me at work so it's always going to be a no go for me.  :|
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolabrew came over yesterday and we started the boil and fermentation of some oak-smoked grains for beer.  I am also doing another batch of hefe and two batches of two different ciders.  About 20 gallons to keg.
    Options
    Sounds tasty, will it be ready in time for brisket camp?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @CTMike - Should be.  The hefeweizen will be cutting it close.  Nolabrew has another batch or two he'll be bringing over, and some people from our homebrewer club may bring some. 
    Options
    Nice. I plan to contribute a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked for the bourbon fans. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yup, this is the BC I attended.  Something about Scottie's balls in Nola's mouth helped me remember it was 2016
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95