Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New smoker...in the style of That Grim Guy

Options
I picked up my new Shirley Fabrication reverse flow build this weekend. It will be a nice complement to my kamados. It is built like an absolute tank. 

Augusta, GA
#BGETEAMGREEN member
MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Very nice. I loved playing with Scott's at butt blast. You're going to love that thing.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Congrats - I'm envious.  Have fun!
    Phoenix 
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Let us know how you like it, thinking of getting one in a couple of years.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Sweet!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Awesome grill!!!!  You gonna have a lot of fun with Shirley!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @chrisc133 -   Great rig right there.  Way outta my league.  Enjoy.
    I'm guessing you have prior run-time on a stick burner or did you just decide to jump into the deep end of the pool?  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Nice !

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    what options did you go for? Looks like umbrella holder, stainless table?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice addition to the arsenal 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    what options did you go for? Looks like umbrella holder, stainless table?
    I got a 24x 65 straight back cabinet model and added:
    -Stainless shelf
    -stainless warmer shelf
    -3 racks in the main chamber and warmer
    -insulated firebox
    -ash pan for the firebox
    -charcoal grate for direct cooks in the warmer
    -4 probe holes
    -spare tire
    -woodbox
    -2 propane burners
    -gaskets on the warmer
    -3 umbrella holders
    -xl drain with remote handle
    -removable tongue

and he made me a baffle block to close off the main chamber and send the heat and smoke just into the warmer.
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Awesome! I can only imagine how much that cost. Shirley is an awesome manufacturer!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Sweet rig man, enjoy!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sure looks like my old Lang...'xept square...

NICE!!!

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Why can't I see the pics? I seem to be the only one who can't. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SGH said:
    I could not earlier....but now I can....try again. Internet might have been broke.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    I could not earlier....but now I can....try again. Internet might have been broke.
    It happened on all threads. I couldn't see pics on any of them. Seems to be working again. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    It happened on all threads. I couldn't see pics on any of them. Seems to be working again. 
    Am I the only one to notice that 'not being to see photo's' only started happening after America gave away the internet last Saturday?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    @chrisc133 - meant to follow-up with one more ?  You must have designs on competing with that rig or at least a catering business on the horizon cuz that's quite a set-up for anything less.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Will be interested to hear how much of s learning curve there is. Nice addition! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know you have been excited! Does she run as easy as promised?!?!   You will just fall deeper and deeper in love with every hour you spend tending her.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very nice Chris.....you bringing it to Columbia this weekend for the big game?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I thought I saw a Shirley coming thru town recently!  Major jealous!  Its on my list of things to get within 10 years.  New house out of this god-forsaken city / county I currently live in is first on the book!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I'm pretty jealous. Congrats.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Interesting. I like how your ash pan for the vertical has a rack to sit on. Mine sits on the baffle and I think that's why I don't get good airflow into my vertical from the FB baffle.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @chrisc133 - meant to follow-up with one more ?  You must have designs on competing with that rig or at least a catering business on the horizon cuz that's quite a set-up for anything less.
    I am starting up a part-time catering gig...and maybe do some competitions. There is a small one locally in a few weeks I'm eyeing. 

Congratulations!!! I know you have been excited! Does she run as easy as promised?!?!   You will just fall deeper and deeper in love with every hour you spend tending her.
    It runs great. Can't believe how easy it is to run and keep the temps up. Your recommendation on the insulated box was key. 

Very nice Chris.....you bringing it to Columbia this weekend for the big game?
    I would...but I've got a big cook on her this weekend. 15 lbs of pulled pork, 15 lbs of pulled chicken, 25 lbs of wings, 3 gallons of Brunswick stew and two gallons of baked beans.   Looking forward to really breaking her in. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    How thick is the wall on that firebox?  And in the cooking chambers?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX