Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yee haa!!!!!!!!

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=474327&a=10378379&p=36771380&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />I have decided to keep a log of all my egg cooks on my laptop. I tried to do this before but got lazy. I'm gonna do it now being the new year and all.[p]First cook..............................Pizza..Yum, yum....[p]Turned out very good if I don't say so myself....pat,pat,pat....[p]My pizza excursions have been such a disaster that it is really fun when it comes out.[p]Hope you enjoy the photo. Kinda brings a different element to the posts. :>) [p]I always enjoy seeing pictures from Tim, GFW, CWM and NB to name a few.[p]Thanks,[p]Mick

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]Congratulations on the pie and thanks for the picture. Do I see that someone swiped a piece of pepperoni (about 4 o'clock) prior to the picture?[p]Spin[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]Looks good and I bet it tasted so as well. Did you cook it on that pan or is it just for cooling it off? [p]It's always fun when it all works out right. I am doing a favorite of mine tonight - ChefRD wings with BBQfan1's sauce he brought me from Buffalo, NY. Yummy. [p]Tim
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    MickeyT., Looks yummy. How did Spin notice a piece of pepperoni missing or is it? Photopoint is working out great for me. I guess a digital camera is next so I can post pics quicker.[p]CWM
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p] That is one nice looking pizza you have there, if it tastes like it looks & I'm sure it does, you get 10 out of 10 for
    effort.[p]Earl

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    Hey!Yummy looking pizza.I got a digital from Santa and finally got some pictures in a file in comp. somewhere.Tim has some good info on his site on how to post pictures,but still a little over my head.How much trouble is Photopoint to use? Scuze my iggnance,any advice (from anyone) would be greatly appreciated.I would say treat me like a 4 year old,but my 4 year old grandson ,turns comp on goes online to one of his cartoon .coms,plays games I don't understand and won't let me HELP him,maybe I'm more in 1 year range! Thanks & HAPPY NEW YEAR:~) Bob

• MickeyT
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Just a cooling/cutting tray.

• MickeyT
    Options
    Bamabob,[p]E-mail me and I will tell you how to use Photopoint. I have been using it for over a year and is VERY easy to use. Maybe you should have your grandson E-mail me instead. :>)[p]Mick

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Bamabob, I tried photopoint.com as soon as I saw Mickey T post a picture. You need a digital camera or a scanner. I'm using a scanner but checking into a digital this week. Anyway I had a picture posted within an hour of checking out the site.[p]CWM
  • Tim M
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]I thought so but was wondering if you found a new idea that might work better. That is how we found the firebricks, cast iron trivett, raised grids, Polders, Remote Check, etc. [p]Have fun![p]Tim
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Tim M,
    looking at your post and then the one below made me think about an idea. What would it be like to use a water bath of ice water between a pizza pan and the firebrick. Would this keep the bottom from burning while th etop cooks?

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wise One,
    I think the stone being hot is what crisps the crust. Ice might not allow the stone to get hot enough to do the job. Just thinkin.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I use a double boiler type drip pan (alum pan with water and foil over it sealed tight) this allows drippings to drop on the foil and not burn - used for gravy. Other methods work but I like that because its so simple and cleanup is real easy. Anytime you add a layer of water between the fire and the food it should act something like a piece of ceramic - for awhile anyway. Ceramic would be better since it would be more consistant but your idea should work. The only concern is that when the water gets hot and boils, the steam is going to be in the Egg and I am not sure what affect it will have on the crust. Since the cooking only takes 8-9 min for a small pie to 12-15 for larger thicker ones, I doubt the water will be much of a problem. [p]Heck, giver her a try and report back -- that's how many ideas got started and are now common methods used on the Egg. There is no one right way to do anything on the Egg, and its fun experimenting.[p]Tim
  • BearFan
    BearFan Posts: 28
    Options
    Mickey, Mickey, you're so fine.......