Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holy Cow Meat Church - The Movie

Options
As some of you know, besides being a trainee Big Green Egg cook here at the Chicken Ranch, I do a little woodworking. It's mostly making sawdust, but I enjoy it. 

For the last year or so, I've been making what I call 'Cathedral Birdhouses' and giving them to folks who I thought might appreciate them. So far, so good. 

I dress 'em up a bit with some Christmas decorations, so most find their way near the person's Christmas Tree during the holidays. 

But this time we were packing to leave in two days for the Texas Eggfest in Austin. And it dawned on me that Matt Pittman would be there doing a class. The man knows what he's doing around BBQ so I thought he would be the next person to get a Cathedral Birdhouse. I would just surprise him with it. 

My only problem was that his business in called Meat Church BBQ, and I couldn't figure out what kind of 'church' would be appropriate. A cathedral just didn't seem right. But he had given me a bottle of his Holy Cow rub when we shared the stage at the Athens Eggfest. 

Hummmmm! "Holy Cow Meat Church" came to mind. So I went looking for ideas and ran up on an artist's drawing of a small rustic church in the woods. I decided I could make it. And I did. The rest of the decorations started to come to mind as the second day was just about over. But we finished it in time to depart for Austin on time. 

As they say in the sawdust-making business, WOW! that was close but it was fun... 

Here's the video of the finished product. I hope you enjoy it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAhGOrapwRA 

Spring "And Fun Was Had By All" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments