Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multilple Bear Can Chickens

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got my technique down for my beer cacn chicken. I'm having a birthday party for my wife and need to do probably 3 chickens. How many beer can chickens can I fit on a large? And would the positioning of the chickens closer to the edge of the grill and therefore the ceramic burn the chicken? Any help would be welcomed. Also I've always done them with a pan underneath the chicken I guess that is still necessary?

Comments

• Green_Giant
    Options
    You can safely plan on fitting 4 chichens in your large. [p]
  • Unknown
    Options
    mjk, they did four on a large at the Texas Egg Fest this year, directly on the grid. You have to watch the temp and keep it at about 350* when they are directly on the grid to keep them from burning. I did two yesterday. I place them in a drip pan -- not wanting the drippings on charcoal that I will use to cook other things later.