Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Roast

Just right.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    literraly JUST talking to my buddy about dry aging one of these and doing one on the Egg......for me, your cook is perfect.  Never been a fan of super rare Prime Rib!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Great crust.. over cooked for my liking, but looks really nice.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    literraly JUST talking to my buddy about dry aging one of these and doing one on the Egg......for me, your cook is perfect.  Never been a fan of super rare Prime Rib!
    A bit more rare than medium.  Just right.  Rare rib roast tastes greasy to me.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Oh yeah, that's a great fall looking meal 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Wow, great crust! 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Holy Moly Doc that's some great lookin grub!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Looks delicious!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Looks great.   I love rib roast.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Perfection.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Awesome.... And I agree perfectly cooked!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Great meal! I need to try one.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Did you just sear it? My first and only was a reverse sear, came out perfect medium rare, yours looks more medium well to me..
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    feef706 said:
    Did you just sear it? My first and only was a reverse sear, came out perfect medium rare, yours looks more medium well to me..
    Cooked at 500 for 15 minutes then allowed to cool to 350 for another hour and a half till done.  Somewhere between medium and medium rare, still some pink.  I do not like rare rib roast, it tastes greasy.