Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Who's a pinballer?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
Getting into another money taking hobby. I'm looking to buy my first pinball machine. I want to get a Getaway: High Speed II, but have not found it yet. It's part of building up a game room. Also just got PacMan upright arcade game. It's an original cabinet with new guys; 19" LCD Dell monitor and a 60 in 1 board. Looks old and plus new. Anyone else into pinball?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Me!  Love pinball!  We have a few private collectors here in STL with 60-70+ machines, then I've been to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas a half dozen times.  Great fun.

In my basement.......

-Simpson's Party Pinball  (bought 'like new')
    -The Addams Family (shopped it myself)
    -Whirlwind (fully restored it myself)

All three have very similar playfields and shots, so it's easy to move between machines.  Over the winter when I have some time, I'm thinking about upgraded the lighting on all of them to LEDs......it would look cool, but it would also ruin some of the nostalgia.

Would love to get a Theatre of Magic, Diner, Cirqus Voltaire, or maybe even a Twilight Zone.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.  From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.

Sorry, man, I couldn't resist.  We visit arcades from time to time.  I never seriously considered having some machines of my own.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I have a friend that used to be really big into old pinball machines.
    He has a beautiful Twilight Zone machine.
    It's a fun hobby, but in order to be successful you really need to be both mechanically and electrically inclined.
    The older machines need quite a bit of repair to keep them running.
    If you can't do the repairs yourself you will incur a lot of repair expense and aggravation. 
    With that being said, his Twilight Zone is a very cool machine.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolabrew is in a pinball club at a secret location that used to be a church (I'm certain it is well desecrated by now).  I think they have 150 pinball machines but only 75 or so work at any given time. 
    I have an old space shuttle pinball machine from I think the 80's

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    @nolabrew is in a pinball club at a secret location that used to be a church (I'm certain it is well desecrated by now).  I think they have 150 pinball machines but only 75 or so work at any given time. 
    Secret pinball club!  Tell me more.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    I used to be a pinball wizard, now I'm just an old fart
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
    Options
    If he told you, it wouldn't be a secret then, would it. 
    Member since 2009
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    The first rule of pinball club is don't talk about pinball club. 

There's a guy I used to play with around our area named Drew who is VICIOUS at pinball. I'm happy he took pity on me and would drink beer with me while he mopped the floor with me. If you're in the NC area and think you're gonna beat DRZ --- I wish you luck! He's quite a sight to watch. Like an artist. Really amazing. Good guy, too. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    love pinball but sadly have no room for one

my wish list:  

t2
    dr who

wifey and i drive up to the pinball arcade in austin quite frequently

im also pondering building one of these since im a techie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJmHG1FqpI
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    We have this place in Austin that you can go play 100's of pinballs it's really pretty cool.  You can buy them from them as well.

http://www.pinballzarcade.com/shop/buy-games
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I hear Gandalf really likes pinball.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Just a regular baller here brother!  

swag hustle baller ballin hustler
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Funhouse was one of my favorite Pinball Machines I ever shot the silver ball on!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    I love pinball.  I used to have a high speed and a bride of pinbot.  Now I just play at my secret club.  I can probably get some people in if you're coming here for brisket camp. 
  • stonedog03
    Options
    I love pinball and arcade games.  I currently have (2) arcades (Galaxian with ArcadeSD board and NeoGeo MVS with MAME setup) and (2) pins (down from 5).  If you are in California, California Extreme (CAX) is a great show to go to, along with Pin-a-go-go (PAGG) in Dixon.  I'm going sell my two remaining pins soon (need a down on a house).
    XL BGE  -  Jackson, California
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    Don't own any, but growing up my favorites were: Terminator, Star Wars and Adams Family..
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
    Options
    I'd love to come to brisket camp, @nolabrew , but I will not be able to make it.  I do hope to be there in November.  Would be cool to check out then.  I still haven't got the Getaway: High Speed II yet from Arlington.  I hope to make the arrangements to get it this weekend. 
    Member since 2009
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I hope to some day have a pinball machine in my man cave that is in slow construction at this time.  Thought of this when I seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DthtDjhqVOU
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    When my new man cave goes up. Looking at purchasing either the South Park one or possibly the new game of thrones machine. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Options
    I found this site and have been looking all through it, learning lots about pinball. Tons of info here, if y'all are interested; https://pinside.com/
    Member since 2009
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    The 2 machines I loved were Captain Fantastic (Elton John) from mid 70's----I would take a dollar or less, play about 3 hours and leave with 30+ free games on the machine.  The other from my college days was called Blast Off---space theme where you could get 3 balls in play at once---I used to kill that machine too, until the owned of the place took out a couple of the side drain pieces that would allow me to keep balls in play---up until he removed them.  That's when I stopped spending my money there---and they had great hand made burgers too
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I love pinball. There's a traveling exhibit that comes into Dallas I've been want to go to. Something about 400 machines.  all you can play for 20 bucks. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    I love pinball.  I used to have a high speed and a bride of pinbot.  Now I just play at my secret club.  I can probably get some people in if you're coming here for brisket camp. 
    I would post pictures I took when I went there with you...to that..uhh (shhhhh) secret pinball club.  But I respect the rules that make it secret.
    Options
    500 said:
    I'd love to come to brisket camp, @nolabrew , but I will not be able to make it.  I do hope to be there in November.  Would be cool to check out then.  I still haven't got the Getaway: High Speed II yet from Arlington.  I hope to make the arrangements to get it this weekend. 
    Just drop me a note when you come, I'm sure I can get you a pass.
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    Kind of old school, but I love playing it.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

Options
    Kind of old school, but I love playing it.
    That's cool.  I read it's from 1963.  Neat that it still plays.  I'd hang onto it, keep it maintained.
    Member since 2009
  • Pinkfacemark
    Options
    My dad bought an old pinball machine for my brother and I when we were kids.  We spent hours in the basement playing it.  My brother just bought two machines for his basement so his boys have the same memories.   
    Large BGE from Normal, IL 
    Options
    My dad bought an old pinball machine for my brother and I when we were kids.  We spent hours in the basement playing it.  My brother just bought two machines for his basement so his boys have the same memories.   
    That's cool. Yea I hope this will divert some of my kid's attention from their phone with Instabook and Facegram. 
    Member since 2009
    Options
    Got it Saturday.  Enjoying it already.  

Member since 2009