Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peruvian Marinated Double Cut Pork Chops on the Minimax

Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
edited September 2016 in EggHead Forum
I made Peruvian chicken following the post by @KiterTodd and it was fantastic.

I thought that the marinade and dip, with a bit of tweaking, would work well with double cut pork chops, so we gave it a try. It worked ... really well. I loved the combination of the spice and savoury notes in the marinade, it was fantastic with the flavour and texture of the pork. Served with a sour cream dip and black bean coconut rice and a Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.

Recipes are on my food blog:
Marinated and ready for egging:

Cooking on the minimax:

Dinner is served:

Close up of the black bean coconut rice:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very pretty plate that looks delicious!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • That plate looks great, could be an offering to Viracocha! I added your blog to my feedly :)
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    That looks delicious!

i have a question on the side dish recipe though - it calls for 2 tablespoons of allspice - is that correct? I have only ever seen it used sparingly... 

thanks!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Bookmarked!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Stormbringer
    edited September 2016
    @UKMatt - yep, 2 tbsp is correct. Bear in mind it is for four servings and is tempered with coconut milk. You could do 1 tbsp (or even 1tsp) and adjust according to taste.

Also, as we discussed in the Peruvian chicken thread, all spice from one supplier may not be the same as all spice from another, I use Schwartz all spice. I used to use Schwartz cumin, then I bought East End cumin, it is at least three times as powerful as Schwartz. I foolishly did not test this before adding it to an aromatic duck rub, ruined the meal that evening :).

@Aviator / @mikeinccfl / @bgebrent - thanks.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• Great cook!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    @UKMatt - yep, 2 tbsp is correct. Bear in mind it is for four servings and is tempered with coconut milk. You could do 1 tbsp (or even 1tsp) and adjust according to taste.

Also, as we discussed in the Peruvian chicken thread, all spice from one supplier may not be the same as all spice from another, I use Schwartz all spice. I used to use Schwartz cumin, then I bought East End cumin, it is at least three times as powerful as Schwartz. I foolishly did not test this before adding it to an aromatic duck rub, ruined the meal that evening :).

Thanks for the quick reply!
  • UKMatt said:

Thanks for the quick reply!
    No problem ... was a slow day at the office. :dizzy:

@JohnnyTarheel - thanks.

•  /bow

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Outstanding.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    These look really nice.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I can't stop dreaming of meat.  Seriously....every night right now, I can't sleep because I keep waking up thinking I need to check the temp on something...all from posts like this one of amazing looking meals I want to try. 

Someone needs to apply that Stamp of Approval picture to this thread!  Wowza!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Beautiful!!! All of it :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Stormbringer
    @bhedges1987/ @Foghorn/ @thetrim / @tikigriller / @NPHuskerFL - thanks. A double thumbs up from NPHuskerFL is a variation on a stamp of approval. :)