Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE @ Cottage

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family and I just returned from a week at a cottage that we rented and in true fashion - I brought the egg with us (not easy to get on and off a pick-up however). [p]
P7210043.jpg[p]
P7150007.jpg[p]As per the picture, I had to take one of the side shelves off so that I could use my PowerMate[p]
My BGE food for the week:[p]Friday: Swordfish (cedar plank with lemon)[p]Saturday: Ribs (low & slow with two in foil w apple juice for the ladies)[p]Sunday: 1.5" TRex TBones[p]Monday: TRex Burgs (onion, blue cheese, pepper crust)
e3bea7ec.jpg[p]Tuesday: Pork Loin Roast (dizzy rub) - wow! Possibly the highlight. [p]Wednesday: Pizza (I love za on the egg)
ec6d8a02.jpg[p]P6250002.jpg[p]Thursday: Burgers & potatoes[p]Friday: Chicken legs (4 different dizzy pig rubs)[p]All week: Marshmallows on skewers. [p]Wow - what a week. I love the egg! It definitely made our vacation. And for all the grief my wife originally gave me when she learned I was taking the green beauty with us (and using half the room in our pick-up for it), wow, she definitely took back her comments once she tasted her first mmallow.[p]
P7190036.jpg[p]My two favorite green things in the entire world are in this picture![p][p]Sorry for the post - I just had to share with others who would understand my addiction.[p]

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    FriendlyEgg,[p]Neat! [p]
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    JimboBQCampsite.jpg
    <p />FriendlyEgg,
    I know exactly where you're coming from. Last year I had to buy a small, just to take along camping. My wife and 13 yr old did not object one bit. They'd been eating meals cooked on the large for over a year and they encouraged me when I started talking about a small for the camping trips. You don't see many in the campgrounds and they are sure conversation starters. You also find other campers hovering around the campsite when it's meal time! Can you see the egg in the photo?[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ,[p]Neat! I don't get enough time to cook on the egg (work seems to get in the way), so having a week to really appreciate her was awesome. I never thought of buying another one for the cottage - that would have been a great idea! BTW - what is the egg resting on in your picture? [p]I wonder if most people are like us and take the egg with them? Maybe we should invent some form of 'portable' egg packing mechanism?
  • MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    FriendlyEgg,
    A GREAT post![p]Howard in Bartow

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    JimboBQ,
    Wow, look at all the moss on the trees. Where are you??

• FriendlyEgg,[p]Tried pizza a couple of times, tasted good but top was undercooked vs. the bottom. Yours looks perfect, nice crust! Can you explain the setup?[p]Howard

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    FriendlyEgg,[p]The invention has already been invented. There are several versions of egg "cartons" to transport your egg. Pics have been posted of various different types. I've given you a link below to see one of them.[p]Cheers,[p]John
    Hamilton, Ontario

[ul][li]how to transport an egg[/ul]
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    FriendlyEgg,
    I've read a lot of posts over the years I have owned my egg and been on this forum. I absolutely love the last photo of your favorite green things. Please be sure to enter that photo in the annual BGE photo contest at the end of year. You may just win a 3rd green thing with that photo!![p]Banker John
    ps, where were the pics taken and where do you live?

• Banker John,[p]Thanks for the comments Banker - I will enter that photo.[p]I live in Canada (Ontario) - around 2 hours north of Buffalo, and the cottage was one hour further north. This is cottage (fishing) country.[p]
  • Howard,[p]I use:
    a) Upside down place setter
    b) Pizza stone
    c) Pizza screen & peel to remove it (I dropped one once - once)[p]BUT!!!! - I cheated in that picture as it was a frozen crust (not home made).[p]

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    wobin,
    That pic was taken at Hunting Island State Park near Beaufort, SC. WE live in the upstate, Spartanburg, SC. Hunting Island is one of our favorite places to camp, except in the summer. Too many bugs then.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Newbs,[p]Darn - I am always second with new inventions![p]:)