Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else doing big cooks today?

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Large has 2 briskets - 12# and 9# seperated with points on top and flats below. cow lick on one and dixie dust on the other.[p]Medium has 2 pork buts - 8#'s standing veritcal until they start to shrink. My own pork rub on both ...[p]Small will be cooking beef tenerlion filets ... local butcher has whole tenderloins on sale fo 6.99/lb while they last ... I plan on taking care of that last part for him. :)[p]Anyone else got everything running today???[p]Doug[p]

Comments

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]This afternoon I have 2 rump roasts that I am going to season up and cook. I will then put them in the fridge and will shave them on the slicer tomorrow for Roast Beef Sandwiches....[p]And,I finally got all the tiles cut etc for the top of my table, so while the beef is cooking I will be laying tile and replacing the gasket on Large #1. Sunday will be laying the Grout. Monday will be sealing.... And by Wed I'll have my first table all done :)
  • SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]well you have me beat for sure... i only have one egg. however, i have a 7+lb butt on. put it on last night around 11pm. i gotta say, i'd LOVE to be on a comp team where you camp out with your egg while you cook your grub on an overnighter. i had fun keeping an eye on things throughout the night last night.[p]commin up on 180 as we speak. plan to pull at 195 and toss in warm cooler for a couple hours before pulling.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Well, as big as my medium can handle. 10# of rib tips, which will be frozen overnight, to be finished tomorrow, along with 5# of teriyaki glazed chicken thighs, and a couple portobello pizzas.[p]My wife has already blessed buying another egg. Just have to figure out where it will go.[p]gdenby
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Pretty crazy weekend here. Just took off 8 - 8lb butts from my two larges for a picnic this afternoon. Cooling them down, cleaning them a bit, and putting two briskets on one and 4 butts on the other for my sons graduation party tomorrow. The small just saw some green onion sausage for lunch. The mini is taking a rest today.[p]Good luck with your cooks.[p]Chuck

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    113° here today. Did Ann's bundt cake first thing this am. Maybe some steaks this pm, but it's toooo Hottttt to do a long cook.

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Chuck,
    Now that's some cookin.... Congrats on the graduation. Looks like everyone will be eating very well.[p]Doug

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    SirKeats,
    Overnight campout cooking is fun ... competitions are fun until turn in then they are VERY nerve wracking (sp). I have my only compeition in August... this is basically a warm up for that and also for taste testing.[p]Enjoy!
    Doug

• Unknown
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p] I guess 'big' is relative .... my 4-level (homemade) grate is on right now with applejuice/drip pan, then BB ribs (Spicewine Hen & Hog rub), then spares (Dizzy Dust), then fatty (John Henry's Summer Peach rub). Expect to eat around 6:00 pm, MDT. Cruis'in right now at 225*F.[p]Tom B (EggSport)[p]
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Not a big cook but I have some ribs on.

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Also doing ribs ala JSlot. Just one rack on the small for "practice."
  • Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Today's been crazy. I started out cooking 3 slabs of ribs for friends (one couple dealing with tough news, another couple celebrating the birth of a child. The third slab I shared with my local butcher to thank him for helping me get quality meat for competition.) Under the ribs I cooked a few thighs because I wanted to mess with yet another experiment for competitions.[p]Once the ribs were delivered, I came back and cooked Mad Max's version of Emeril's stuffed beef tenderloin. We had friends over until pretty late to share that with us.[p]Now I've got 3 large butts on, rubbed and injected. I'll be sharing those with our Sunday School class at a picnic tomorrow afternoon. (On a side note, I have to leave the picnic early to go play the part of an Iraqi citizen at an urban warfare training simulation. Should be interesting!)

• Moni-Q
    Moni-Q Posts: 22
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]No big cooks for me this weekend - I'm working at the office both days and will only have enough time this evening to do a couple of steaks.[p]Your menu sounds de-lish! Be sure to post pics![p]Monica [p]