Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Qsticks

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1786_1.jpg
<p />Just got these cut off the laser. Before I give them their first run on the egg, will get them sent out and polished up. I'm thinkin Lamb kabobs next weekend!!!

Comments

• Slap-Yo-Mama
    Options
    eggor,[p]Those are cool! I have access to a laser and that gives me some ideas:)

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Those look great. I like the width of them. Damn hard to find good kebab holders.[p]Toy Man
  • eggor
    Options
    Slap-Yo-Mama,[p]you wouldn't be in the sheet metal industry by chance?[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    Toy Man,[p]Thanks, I tried to find some on the net, couldn't find anything that looked like I what I wanted. Hopefully, when I get them back from the polishing, they'll shine right up and stay that way.[p]Scott

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    eggor,[p]Those are really nice! Can't wait to see the final (polished) items![p]I found these a few months ago and they seem to work very well (look very cool on a bed of rice). [p]Friends have been impressed with the presentation and think I'm a decent cook of something!!
    CircleSkewers.gif[p]Smokey

• Unknown
    Options
    eggor,
    Looks like they are personalized. you have mail.

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    eggor,
    How wide are your skewers? I have been searching for something to use for kabobs with a width in the 3/4" range to make a persian dish for my sister in law. [p]I would be interested in about 18-24 of these, not necessarily personalized. Square backs would be ok...[p]PS, you may want to send a few square backs to LawnRanger for some custom handles too![p]Please e-mail me if you have the ability to help me.[p]Banker John

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    eggor,
    What is the length? They look too long to go in the egg.

• eggor
    Options
    IMG_1791_1.jpg
    <p />meinbmw,[p]The blade is 12" and add a couple more for the handle. Looks like 8 skewers is the max for one grid. Six would be more comfy.[p]I'll probably be playing around to figure indirect and direct setups on the same cook.[p]Scott

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    eggor,[p]OK, I think a little explanation of your rig will be required (especiall the thingie at the bottom of the picture). [p]It looks like a height adjustment tool like of an old habachi. Looks very cool. Please tell me (us) about it![p]Smokey
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Yes. Very nice grid height adjustment setup.[p]Eagerly awaiting the 'production' of same.[p]Toy Man
  • eggor
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Remember way back, almost 2 years now, when I was playing around with a grid extender? One went down to the eggfest and I think you said something about dancin with Qbabe if you got it. Well, this is a modified version, still don't have all the bugs figured out, and if you look up, ToyMan has one of the first proto types of the few that got one.[p]One of these days I'll have this thang down to a knats ... but I keep tweeking the thing, mostly in my mind. One of these days..., am i repeating myself???[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    Toy Man,[p]just to let you know I got your last package, haven't said thankyou. I was going to return the flavor from some locals. I found one but am looking for one more.[p]Thanks[p]Scott

• Dr_Redwine
    Dr_Redwine Posts: 189
    Options
    eggor,
    Those things look really cool! I was looking at your adjustable grid heights with envy, too. That would make a great addition to anyone's egg. Great job.[p]DrR