Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Toy

Options
Really wanted a chamber sealer for a long time. But honestly, I just don't do enough liquids to justify. But the cheaper bags would be a plus.
I have an older Food Sealer Professional 3.
Great unit but what I have need for is a larger width bag. Living on the Gulf Coast I vac seal way more than food. Everything rusts if not enclosed. So I have been shopping regular sealers and had it down to the Weston and Vacmaster.
Ended up with Vacmaster Pro380. I have only sealed a soda can so far...but really like it.lol
Should have 10-12 pounds of brisket to seal tomorrow.
The seal strip on this model is twice as wide as my FS and the clear lid is great.
Picked it up here for less than $300 delivered with a $10 discount code I found online.
http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/ary-876380.html
Fast shipping and great communication after the sale...

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Nice! Looks similar to my Weston PRO-3000.

I agree that having the clear lid is very helpful. I also like the wider bags we can use.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Nice! Looks similar to my Weston PRO-3000.

I agree that having the clear lid is very helpful. I also like the wider bags we can use.
    The Weston Pro3000 was my coin toss. Both seem excellent...I liked the cutter/storage area and marinade option on the Vacmaster and found it cheaper on line.
    Time will tell but both companies have replacement parts so that's a plus.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Got my first one about 6 months ago... nothing like what you have, but I'm not sure how I lived without it.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    The soda can should still be fresh, even weeks from now! :rofl: 

Seriously, I hope it works well for you, my friend. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Whew!  I was half expecting a fleshlight review!   What a relief it was only a Swedish meat pump!
    Options
    Congrats! 16" seal bar sure comes in handy, the crushed can says it all.
    canuckland
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Congrats! 16" seal bar sure comes in handy, the crushed can says it all.
    I sealed a head of garlic, but it was unimpressive...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Wish I had room for that in my kitchen!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Really wanted a chamber sealer for a long time. But honestly, I just don't do enough liquids to justify. But the cheaper bags would be a plus.
    I have an older Food Sealer Professional 3.
    Great unit but what I have need for is a larger width bag. Living on the Gulf Coast I vac seal way more than food. Everything rusts if not enclosed. So I have been shopping regular sealers and had it down to the Weston and Vacmaster.
    Ended up with Vacmaster Pro380. I have only sealed a soda can so far...but really like it.lol
    Should have 10-12 pounds of brisket to seal tomorrow.
    The seal strip on this model is twice as wide as my FS and the clear lid is great.
    Picked it up here for less than $300 delivered with a $10 discount code I found online.
    http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/ary-876380.html
    Fast shipping and great communication after the sale...

Word of caution if you are doing foodsaver canisters with with your 380, make sure you adjust vacuum down to 20.5 or you will crack bottom of canisters . I have the 350 and I have cracked a couple . I also have VP120 chamber sealer and love it ,great if you are into Sous Vide .
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    sctdg said:

Word of caution if you are doing foodsaver canisters with with your 380, make sure you adjust vacuum down to 20.5 or you will crack bottom of canisters . I have the 350 and I have cracked a couple . I also have VP120 chamber sealer and love it ,great if you are into Sous Vide .
    Thanks for the tips on using canisters...
    Why would a chamber sealer be better for Sous Vide?
    The few times I have done SV my regular sealer worked great.
    Thanks
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Many times doing Sous Vide what you are cooking is wet .Suction sealers will suck the liquid into the machine and you will not get a good seal or possibly hurt the sealer . Chamber sealers operate differently and will not suck fluid up to the seal area .They are also great for left overs and you can freeze it and warm it up in a Sous Vide bath for a quick dinner at a later date . Example would be something like chili,you can't suction seal chili without it going into machine unless you freeze it first and you would have to bring it to a very hard freeze otherwise you can still be sucking up some liquid . That's why I have chamber sealer,living alone it seems I always have left overs .Hard to buy for one .