Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Only 1 accessory

If I was only allowed one accessory it would have to be my Instant read thermometer (Thermapen is my choice). Really changed my cooks, great to really know when something is done and safe to eat 
Northern New Jersey
 XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

Comments

• Mine would be indirect cooking device.  I can generally tell when things are done. Maybe not the exact temp I want but pretty close. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• I second the plate setter.  Use it so much, that it should probably just come with the egg in the first place.  Couldn't imagine life without it.
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    JMCXL said:
    If I was only allowed one accessory it would have to be my Instant read thermometer (Thermapen is my choice). Really changed my cooks, great to really know when something is done and safe to eat 
    Instant read thermo is a real game changer. For both indoor and outdoor cooks.

But I disagree about the "safe to eat " part. That's easy to figure out. The thermo helps you nail when it's "fantastic to eat". 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mine would be indirect cooking device.  I can generally tell when things are done. Maybe not the exact temp I want but pretty close. 
    Same here. I know most will disagree here but I have a Thermapen and almost never use it. I can tell when its done without it.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    One accessory?... Ha ha ha ha ha ! Never happen. It's like Bigfoot, Unicorns and loc ness monster!
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited September 2016
    One accessory?... Ha ha ha ha ha ! Never happen. It's like Bigfoot, Unicorns and loc ness monster!

I am no longer allowed to go to the Egg Dealer by myself.  It is like I was when Apple was the hottest thing going...she wouldn't let me go to the Apple store alone either!!!

She can't stop the internet however!!  Bwah Haw Haw!!!!!!  (Evil Scientist laugh attempt)

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Place setter
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Tongs.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    One accessory?  I would go with lump charcoal.   Hard to cook without it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I fully agree:Instant read thermometer (Thermapen is my choice)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Therm here
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Thermapen is great, but the platesetter is the one thing I could not do without.
    Stillwater, MN
  • The three bricks that I use to raise the grate. After that my Thermapen.