Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it worth driving 1hr 45m for this?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I have two eggs, one I bought new and one I bought used. I have had numerous fire rings and the other top part replaced. Never once have I been asked for a receipt or anything. Not certain if I'm fortunate to have a good dealer or what. I would not hesitate to buy another used egg if the price were right.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    $252...plus I will walk "Roo" on the weekends..
    She'd love that! Ha!

new PS from local dealer - $85 otd. Was way more on Amazon. First time for everything, today - local dealer is usually bizarro expensive. 

Thermo is calibrated. Pizza is ordered. I'm breaking her in with a caveman style brisket (no electronics). Let's see how this SINGLE function metal top works! :)
    Dang saved a ton for the medium and got ripped for the PS!  I didn't give but about $45 for my Lg PS. 

I need to get a indirect setup for my medium, so you're doing better than me.  
    I need you guys to show me how that woo thing works...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• MaskedMarvel
    Options

Lit said:
    Q the "but, what about the warranty?" dillholes. 
    Glad ya were able to score this Damien. 
    One cracked base and he didn't save anything and has a unwarrantied egg at full price. I wouldn't have paid $200 for this but I would never buy another used egg anyways. In the last 10 years I have had between $1000 and $1500 in cracked parts and finally got rid of my used eggs and got all new ones with warranties. Congrats to the OP and I hope you can get that receipt.
    Haters gotta hate, and I feel like you're jinxing me, Lit - but I will be hoping for a receipt and some mothership love, you are correct....  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Starting the weekend right!

Thats the original gasket? Unreal!
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Starting the weekend right!

Thats the original gasket? Unreal!
    It's my Monday tomorrow, so ending the weekend... But yeah I haven't had a gasket on bottom much less top in years...  Might have to upgrade the large...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Stall :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Damien I am digging that little red thing a ma jig on the temp gauge.. Brisky looks great.. Is that a flat ?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Damien I am digging that little red thing a ma jig on the temp gauge.. Brisky looks great.. Is that a flat ?
    Thanks! I don't even have a dome thermo on the large any more. This medium came with a card instructing how to drill a hole for the thermometer lol. Makes it really easy to see out the window. 

The cut is packer trimmed both muscles excell. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Great score and inaugural cook right there.  Bark is looking most eggcellent-enjoy the remainder of the cook and eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishindoc
    Options
    If he has another one Ill take it!
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Embarrassed to say, while we went to soccer the egg went out. Maybe I shut it too far down. I'm used to the large surviving that little amount of air. No harm done and well outside any danger zones, but I've never restarted an egg before, that I can remember. Went ahead and threw in some more charcoal while I was at it. 

Might not have been all the way out, but 150* is too low, regardless.  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    Options
    My offer still stands $252 plus walking Rhoo Roo on the weekends.. Glad you saved it.. Have a great weekend !!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Embarrassed to say, while we went to soccer the egg went out. Maybe I shut it too far down. I'm used to the large surviving that little amount of air. No harm done and well outside any danger zones, but I've never restarted an egg before, that I can remember. Went ahead and threw in some more charcoal while I was at it. 

Might not have been all the way out, but 150* is too low, regardless.  
    I noticed that cooking on Matt's old medium at Butt Blast. It needed a lot more air than my new medium does. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Phone camera no good at food pics
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Last pic. Thanks for coming along or the journey. :)

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Awesome Damien... What a great post....