Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish taco extravaganza

not really and extravaganza, not really even a fish taco party, but they were really good

two kinds of fish, a small yellowfin steak covered in a dry jerk rub and some pacific rock cod covered dusted with an ancho chile powder with some added ground chipotle.  Grilled 500 direct...also some grilled jalapeños with lime and salt.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Wow. Looks really good!

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Good lookin fish and really like the grilled jalapenos......
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Oh heck yeah.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Not sure I've ever had fish tacos, but that sure looks good!! Like the jerk idea too. What's the cheese, cotija?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Love fish tacos, nice job!
    Jacksonville FL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Thanks.

@Carolina Q yes, cotija.  The jerk rub has jerk-like flavors, it's not jerk and no length of sitting with rub would change that.  The nice thing is it isn't overpowering.
  • Those look great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2016
    You reeled me in with the title. Close enough to an extravaganza :smiley: I don't discriminate on tacos. I'm particularly fond of a well built fish or seafood taco. You get a gold star young man :star:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Wow! Sounds and looks fantastic 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Dude! The grilled jalapenos look killer.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Love fish tacos. Nice!
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • Nicely done sir...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....