Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops in Sriracha Cream and Fettuccine

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Seared scallops, Sriracha cream sauce and herbed garlic bread on the egg. Finished with the pasta stovetop. A redo. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I could tear into that!!   Looks most excellent!  

Who did the cooking?   Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nice work sir. I see you didn't make it back to town this week. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great cook -anything with Sriracha is a winner.  But I'm a bit confused-you cooked the garlic bread from scratch in the foil pouch -true doc-worthy genius  ;)

Since I'm here- any rough recipe for the Sriracha sauce??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options

Cooked this for my better half, I swear
  • bgebrent
    Options

Nice work sir. I see you didn't make it back to town this week. 
    We get back in town and worked. We're now on vacation. Thanks brother!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great cook -anything with Sriracha is a winner.  But I'm a bit confused-you cooked the garlic bread from scratch in the foil pouch -true doc-worthy genius  ;)

I abhor questions!  For you Cap, it's as follows:
    Sauteed 1/3C mushrooms with 1.5T scallions in 1T butter. Added 1 T AP flour and stir the roux. Then added 1C half & half gradually stirring constantly. When thickened, stir in 1  T white wine, 1T Sriracha, pinch of salt, pinch of dried mustard. Add pasta water as needed to sauce. Add egged seafood to sauce. Add cooked pasta of choice. Enjoy
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Looks mighty good brother Brent. Get your wins this week before Saturday gets here.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    This is right up my alley. Beautiful meal bro!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    I was sold by the title, even before opening the thread.  :flushed:  That looks and sounds incredible!  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - thanks for the recipe- next time I will spin the question into something not quite so offensive  ;)  BTW- you are pushing my envelope with the above.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    This is right up my alley. Beautiful meal bro!
    Thank you brother!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    That looks very, very good, but Sriracha gives me terrible heartburn. I would still eat it though. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Cooked this for my better half, I swear

• bgebrent
    Options
    @lousubcap, I have a ridiculous garlic bread recipe if you want. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Ya but I would doubt that it can be done in foil with the simplicity you would have led us to believe had I been thinking about asking a question. ;)
    No doubt that was a warming exercise- just having a little fun on Tuesday.

No chance I could skill-set your recipe.  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Damn that looks great! Nice work there.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    You know I'm here for you!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Damn that looks great! Nice work there.
    Thank you brother!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great looking meal.... You nailed the cream sauce!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    looks delish.  I cooked scallops tonight too.
    Awesome! That looks mighty tasty. 
    I'd love the garlic bread recipe - that's a staple in this house. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dogoffo
    Options
    Reading this post right before bed is torture.  Looks fantastic!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Brent that looks and sounds awesome !!! Your plated pic is off the charts.. Nicely done.... 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Looks and sounds like a Momma Slapper.  Just with I could smell it.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:

Sauteed 1/3C mushrooms with 1.5T scallions in 1T butter. Added 1 T AP flour and stir the roux. Then added 1C half & half gradually stirring constantly. When thickened, stir in 1  T white wine, 1T Sriracha, pinch of salt, pinch of dried mustard. Add pasta water as needed to sauce. Add egged seafood to sauce. Add cooked pasta of choice. Enjoy
    I really need to up my sauce game. Correction, I really need to start making sauces...They can be a game changer and yours looks great.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:

I really need to up my sauce game. Correction, I really need to start making sauces...They can be a game changer and yours looks great.
    I agree....but also good if Brent prepares for us while we watch! =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:

Thanks Darian!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:

I agree....but also good if Brent prepares for us while we watch! =)
    I like the way your mind works...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That looks great @bgebrent , thanks for the share!

Only thing I'd do differently (not that you asked, but this is the internet and you get our opinions like it or not! ;) )...   anyway, you had such a beautiful sear on those scallops, I think I would have made the sauce seperately, tossed with the pasta, and just perched those scallops up top.  Beautiful.  And THEN you can charge $39 for the entree.   :lol:

If you think you'd miss the scallop taste in the sauce, maybe bring that CI pan inside after the sear and use it for the sauce.  ?   What do I know, I'd eat it no matter how you served it...put it in a blender.  I'm there!

LBGE/Maryland
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You had me at scallops and fettuccine. Looks fantastic!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC