Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some rib advice

Options
Have an idea I want to try but not sure if it is doable or not so I seek wisdom from the experts......

I want to purchase a few racks and roll them up, tie them off, and rotisserie them.    Think if putting toilet paper rolls on a stick is my thought.....    I think it would work from a mechanical standpoint but my concern is will the inside not cook to the same as the outside (which is my main concern).

Has anyone tried this before?   Even if just rolled.

Thanks all
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I have a Joetisserie and have tried this, the single rack I did came out ok, but just ok. For me, it was a experiment I probably won't  .. no, I won't try again. 

I say, go for it ... maybe you'll like it. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • DynaGlide
    Options
    I take up to two racks and weave them onto the spit of my Weber OTG rotisserie. I cook them at 350-400 for an hour and a half and they turn out amazing. Juicy and tender. I've yet to match the taste of them any other way.
    2006 Blue Weber Performer Slow n' Sear and Rotisserie; LG BGE w/ AR R&B -- Alexandria, VA

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    ^^^Yes, this.  Snake them on.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Ok  Sounds good   Confirms what I was thinking  I am recently got the Joetisserie and was thing it might work   I will snke them on instead   Thanks for the input guys!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!