Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To my forum friends, those yet to be....and those who might despise me....

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    jabam said:
    I'll pay for the shipping!!
    Had I not kicked the habit.....I would bring you some. I am headed out to LA on Wednesday for Thursday meetings the Hollywood Bowl. Notify the authorities. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    We'll help you. Just give us your stash and we'll keep it safe while you are going through rehab.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Not too shabby for a Gamecock 
    Dang Michael.....hard to believe we are 2-1.....playing Brent's wild kitties this weekend. Things will come to a complete halt after that game. 

• cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Rehabs for quitters. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bud812 said:
    How do you get that in a bong? B)
    Couldn't tell you brother....wife straitened me out quite a few years back.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Dang Michael.....hard to believe we are 2-1.....playing Brent's wild kitties this weekend. Things will come to a complete halt after that game. 
    You can go ahead and tell everybody that you're 3-1. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Great looking pizza, @northGAcock!  Excellent topping choices. :rock_on:
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Jeff, be strong brother....we have to pull together during tough times.

On another subject....How about that Frog Sauce? I have had a craving for some of that lately. That was some dang good sauce.
    Next time I go there I will grab you a couple jars. It is about a two hour drive from me. But we go by there on the way to visit the daughter in college. I am in withdrawal my self! 

I think we are heading that way in the next few weeks!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Do you make your own mozzarella? Grow your own onions, garlic, and tomatoes? My prescription: Plant a garden. Build a greenhouse. Build a wood fired brick oven. Start making cheese. When these tasks are done you won't be cured but we'll all come see you for supper. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Good pizza on the egg is like a sore pecker.....you just can't beat it! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Make more pizza, fast!
    Brother Brent....is that doctors orders?
    YES!
    Ok....probably gonna get a bill now aren't I?
    Yes, currency accepted is pizza ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    rmr62 said:
    what is your dough recipe??  
    Quit simple 

4 cups of 00 flour                             
    1 1/2 cups, plus 2-3 Tbs water
    2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp of dry active yeast

• Mix dough in a stand mixer or by hand (which is how I do it)
    • I mix my salt, and yeast with warm water first
    • I add to the flour and make it into a ball. (Kneading lightly)
    • Let sit for about 10 minutes to soak up the moisture....and then place into a bowl.
    • Spay or cover dough with a lite brush of olive oil and cover bowl with a towel
    • I usually find a place in the house with sunlight coming in a window...and set the bowl where it can leverage some of the warmth for a couple of hours. 
    • The dough will double in size.....collapse it and reform into a ball.

At this point, i cut it down into four balls. I cook mine on a medium.egg......perhaps 3 might be the right amount for a large.

I generally freeze what i am not cooking and it responds well with a couple of hours thaw. 

Enjoy the pie....

• northGAcock
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Do you make your own mozzarella? Grow your own onions, garlic, and tomatoes? My prescription: Plant a garden. Build a greenhouse. Build a wood fired brick oven. Start making cheese. When these tasks are done you won't be cured but we'll all come see you for supper. 
    Ha....I don't have much yardestate for a garden. That was part of my downsizing when we got the kids out of the house.....cause I got to deal with it. I like the way you think though. Cheese.....would love to try that though.....and you and all are welcome to the nut house for dinner any time.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Good pizza on the egg is like a sore pecker.....you just can't beat it! 
    Come to think of it......ain't had one of those lately either.  =)

• northGAcock
    Options
    You can go ahead and tell everybody that you're 3-1. 
    Brent and I have a large wager on this game.....that's a large Bloody Mary....it is.

• northGAcock
    Options
    cheeaa said:
    Rehabs for quitters. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Ha....I don't have much yardestate for a garden. That was part of my downsizing when we got the kids out of the house.....cause I got to deal with it. I like the way you think though. Cheese.....would love to try that though.....and you and all are welcome to the nut house for dinner any time.
    In all seriousness - order this book and have some fun. Making home made mozzarella is easy and it is fantastic on pizzas. https://www.amazon.com/One-Hour-Cheese-Mozzarella-Paneer--Even-Burrata/dp/0761177485/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474335928&sr=8-1&keywords=one+hour+cheese
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    @northGAcock that pie looks outstanding. I still haven't tried to make any pies on my Egg but it's on the list. If your Za is anywhere as good as your Blood Mary's, I know they are awesome!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    SciAggie said:
    In all seriousness - order this book and have some fun. Making home made mozzarella is easy and it is fantastic on pizzas. https://www.amazon.com/One-Hour-Cheese-Mozzarella-Paneer--Even-Burrata/dp/0761177485/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474335928&sr=8-1&keywords=one+hour+cheese
    Order placed....look forward to traveling down this road.

• northGAcock
    Options
    @northGAcock that pie looks outstanding. I still haven't tried to make any pies on my Egg but it's on the list. If your Za is anywhere as good as your Blood Mary's, I know they are awesome!
    You are most kind!

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Great looking Pie Robin !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    The first step is to understand and admit you have a problem. So for starters you are halfway there. The next step is to make slightly less pizza each time. Start with a full size pie and work down to individual single serve. Slowly ease back on the toppings until you are left with crust and sauce. OR the other solution is to go cold turkey and blockade yourself in the house with no lump or ingredients until the twitching stops--either way good luck. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I could crush that!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I see no problems here, carry on. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    @Jstroke @tarheelmatt @pgprescott Thanks for your words of encouragement. I am pushing forward with my life.

• _Moose_
    Options
    I came here to post something to help you overcome the disease. However, after sitting here thinking, my thoughts have drifted to how I can make such a delicacy myself. I'm starting to feel the quicksand up to my knees. It may be too late for me now... Be strong for others like myself.

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Your addiction is a problem.  Eat your problems for lunch and dinner.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    you're going to kill us all.  dairy and wheat, that's just irresponsible, you're like a pusher.  please send me several pies.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Good heavens, man! This is nothing to be ashamed of. Most of us have spent many $$ and countless hours in the pursuit of the perfect pizza and it looks like you have achieved that. Wear it like a badge of honor. =) Great looking zas and I am in the 00 camp also.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Cmon and come clean Clark. You stole this from that guy that wouldn't give the recipe to his daughter didn't you?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.