Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Mowing  so I can egg & watch The Broncos this afternoon. Priorities :smiley:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Mowing  so I can egg & watch The Broncos this afternoon. Priorities :smiley:

I'm looking to move into the 0 turn mower group. I have a Simplicity tractor now, but I mow my place and a larger 4 - plex property right down the road. I've heard the Husky brand is top notch. Even better than many better know brands. Since you have one, what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance Blake. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @pgprescott Z242 and up F series (Fabricated Deck) are built very well.   Greasable bearings, spindles, etc, Smooth transmissions. Maintenance is a breeze. I just changed out the organic/break-in oil and oil filter and it took maybe 15 minutes. Also the belt, pulleys, spindles etc are very accessible. I shopped for awhile. We have about 1.25-1.5 acreage and it is everything but, flat or level ground....lots of rolling terrain and we have many trees and landscaped throughout so there are obstacles a plenty. DO NOT BUY FROM THE BIG BOX STORES was my lesson in all of this. The products they sell are sub-par. I also looked at John Deere at the dealer and wasn't impressed when comparing features and similar price point. JD is using a lot of plastic on the mechanical end which is just sad ....they were not even a close second when comparing. 

https://youtu.be/Dq22GULd5ao
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Getting ready to head to Philly.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Rockin' the pit hat, 3 racks backs, Honey Hog, apple wood.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I also looked at John Deere at the dealer and wasn't impressed when comparing features and similar price point. JD is using a lot of plastic on the mechanical end which is just sad ....they were not even a close second when comparing. 
    Sad to hear; another great American company squeezed for the highest quarterly profits...   :s

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    @theyolksonyou -  SRF in that cooler??  Looks like one of their shippers.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap first purchase of gold for the bday boy. 
  • lousubcap
    @theyolksonyou -  He has no idea what he is in for.  Hell of a present-I have never moved beyond the black grade but no blow-back from SWMBO for those buys.  At least they use the same shipper box  ;)
    Enjoy the banquet as I know you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Headed out to baby bros 40th bday party. Beer on the left, brisky on the right. Post to come...

If size matters, you have your priorities right.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Giving pork burnt ends another run-this time with boneless country ribs (much better to work with than a bone-in butt) and since I am there a rack of beef back ribs as a chaser.  

Gonna be a meat coma evening.
  • northGAcock
    lousubcap said:
    Giving pork burnt ends another run-this time with boneless country ribs (much better to work with than a bone-in butt) and since I am there a rack of beef back ribs as a chaser.  

Looking outstanding there Lou.....Got me a few beef ribs on myself this afternoon ....cheers

• lousubcap
    @northGAcock -  Enjoy the awaiting banquet as I am sure you will.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Foghorn said:
    Had a beer with @Mickey and his lovely family yesterday at the Barrow Brewery in Salado. 
    That's awesome fellows. Mickey is one of the ones that I have always respected and admired. I hope to get the honor of meeting him someday. 
    On that note, @Mickey PM your address so I can send you some more appropriate shirts. Yeti is dead my friend. RTIC has taken over =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Painting a damn horse on my day off. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    Holds a pose extremely well-  
    That's what happens when you have a skill-set that is rare.  Great looking job-just watch the hind quarters ;)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Other posts have inspired me to try meatloaf for the first time. Plan is to knock out another first, I'll keep the egg running and bake some chocolate chips cookies after for dessert. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lousubcap said:
    The first time that what is now my wife saw me naked, she said the same thing :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Cooking a butt and watching the Giants Baseball Game. 

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Egging some country style ribs and getting ****-faced drunk watching the Broncos play the Colts.

• the thought of me being a heavy man in a kilt with bagpipes used to be enough to tip off 99% of the forum members.

nice to be able to hide among the weeds!
    Well, no offence intended but you have put on a few Kg. And I have seen you in a skirt before. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Botch said:
    I also looked at John Deere at the dealer and wasn't impressed when comparing features and similar price point. JD is using a lot of plastic on the mechanical end which is just sad ....they were not even a close second when comparing. 
    Sad to hear; another great American company squeezed for the highest quarterly profits...   :s
    They still make great products, but not all their offerings are created equal. There are some that are obviously compromised to meet lower price points and what not. I had heard exactly what Blake said about the 0 turn units. They just aren't as refined as some of the competitors. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Botch said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Getting the party started

Okay, whatcha makin?   Really big pizza oven?  
    @Botch.  Ha ha ha. No. Covering the shed in stone.  Old shed is in great condition so it is getting a well needed facelift. Worked on on it all weekend. Poor progress. I give myself a D-   2 batches of bad mortar, a delay to pick something up and just never got in a "groove". 

Nursing my wounds. Guzzled a gin and tonic, now drinking this:m, and a bottle of wine is breathing and will go with the porkchops. 

Just curious...  Anyone in eggnation a mason? 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    • Sea2Ski said:
      Botch said:
      Sea2Ski said:
      Getting the party started

Okay, whatcha makin?   Really big pizza oven?  
      @Botch.  Ha ha ha. No. Covering the shed in stone.  Old shed is in great condition so it is getting a well needed facelift. Worked on on it all weekend. Poor progress. I give myself a D-   2 batches of bad mortar, a delay to pick something up and just never got in a "groove". 

Nursing my wounds. Guzzled a gin and tonic, now drinking this:m, and a bottle of wine is breathing and will go with the porkchops. 

Just curious...  Anyone in eggnation a mason? 

Illuminati.  Hence the Emergency Drinking Beer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    lousubcap said:
    @northGAcock -  Enjoy the awaiting banquet as I am sure you will.  

Its almost time.

• I hate you guys. I mean I hate I missed it.