Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tested New Egg

Options
Shawn M
Shawn M Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
None of the THREE egg dealers near me had a dome themometer(What a disgrace)! But,as was suggested, a WEBBER replacement themometer works just fine. I also took the suggestion to try a pork loin for my first dish. What can I say... it was Eggcellent![p]Shawn M

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Shawn M,
    Way to go my man! You are finding out what Tim M., myself and others here on the forum have found! The dealers just want to sell the thing! Almost as an after thought! My dealer has 1 employee that has used the Egg, the rest don't know squat about it! I guess I should expect that since they are following his lead![p]Welcome to the clan! You have just begun to see how great food really can be! Throw away the book, after you fill out the warranty card! If you want help, this is the place to find it! From recipes to techniques, someone here will jump in to help. You won't find a better bunch of people either!
    Congradulations on the new family addition! You won't be sorry at all![p]
    Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: Go to the visitor profile and list some basic info. That way everyone will know where you're from and what kind of conditions your up against! You might even find another Egg-head close to you! Cheers and Happy New Year!

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Shawn M,[p]Happy to hear of the firs of may successes on your new egg. Like most of us here, I think you have a great deal of fun with it![p]Smokey