Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O. M. G. The BEST thing so far I've done on the LBGE !!

Options
Ok, I posted the other day about make-ahead Italian recipes... well, turns out my Italian sausage skewers idea was overkill as the hostess has PLENTY of food coming.  So, I'd already bought the sausages, peppers and onions - might as well do 'em anyway.

So, for those of you who are unfortunate enough to NOT live in the Kansas City area, we have a couple of old-school Italian sausage makers here.  One, who is quite large and is the most common, and the other is the smaller, but much more delectable sausage maker.  Mendolia's makes a couple of varieties of cased and loose sausage.  I went with the sweet, as it (was) for an unknown audience of eaters.  Oh.  My. Word. Was. This. Delicious!!!!

At the risk of sounding like Guy Fieri, tonight's meal was off the rails in flavor town and making a big ol' commotion on my taste buds!  It had that charcoal-y goodness, the casings had snap, the meat was cooked through, the veggies were cooked yet had texture and their spices sent them over the top!  ( I ate 3...  )

Raised direct at around 350F for about 30 minutes, turning every 4-5 min's
After the first 10 mins, I put the veggies, tossed in oil, oregano, garlic powder and basil leaves, on the grid in a perforated wok.

And here's my most desirable BGE cook yet:

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments