Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Salmon

Options

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton - are you cooking skinless or skin on?   I ask mainly because most of your salmon cooks I see you have the salmon in a foil boat.   Just curious     

BTW - Looks great as usual.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton - are you cooking skinless or skin on?   I ask mainly because most of your salmon cooks I see you have the salmon in a foil boat.   Just curious     

BTW - Looks great as usual.   
    I prefer skin on but cannot get it most times.  Either way I us foil just to avoid the mess on the grid.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    No surprise, photos are messed up on this web site.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Understood.  What temp you running?  I believe you pull the fish when white ooze starts oozing.  Correct?

analyze adapt overcome

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Understood.  What temp you running?  I believe you pull the fish when white ooze starts oozing.  Correct?
    I shoot for 180, sometimes hard to hold, and pull when the albumen begins to leak.  Makes for very soft texture.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Idea on time guesstimate?

analyze adapt overcome

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Idea on time guesstimate?
    30 to 45 minutes.

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Nice lookin' fish there, cap'n!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sign me up!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga