Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bristket tip

Options
cbr0011
cbr0011 Posts: 93
So I have been doing my same brisket cook for a couple years now and while I always get complements on it, for me its sometimes a bit dry.  Here's what I do.  I smoke at 275 with a couple chunks of pecan and mesquite wood.  I am loyal to RO charcoal.  I use a rub that i get from Rudy's, it has lots of black pepper.  I typically trim and rub the meat the night before.  I don't wrap during the cook but when it's done I wrap in FTC until it's time to eat.  I take the brisket off between 190 - 205, i make sure a toothpick goes in and out with ease.  I always produce a great bark but sometimes it is a bit dry.  I always do burnt ends with the point, these are a fan favorite.  When I remove the meat from the egg I will cut off the point and apply some more rub and then place it back on the smoker for 3 hours.  After that I take it off, cube the meat, add some of my homemade sauce and put it back on the smoker for about 1.5 hours.  I call it meat candy.  They are awesome.

Some ideas i have been toying around with are to wrap it at the stall or wrap it and place some beef broth in during the last hours of the cook.  Or maybe when I take it off let it sit in some broth while it FTC.

If you have any ideas or thoughts let me know.
Thanks a lot

Comments