Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well I figured folks might talk to me if I posted a food pic. Simple invertabird

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I like the random order of the photos. Like one of those Stanford Binet IQ tests they give the highly intelligent kids in school, where one of the 'questions' is a series of cards with a picture of a woman making cookies or something, only they randomize the order of the pics and you are supposed to 1.) figure out that they want them in order and then you 2.) rearrange them to make the story timeline while 3.) being timed by the proctor 

What am i saying. You probably have no idea what test i am referring to

Anyway. excellent cook. A straighforward chicken is one of our favorites. Nice looking cook

(Note to the concerned. Steven is a friend of mine. Despite my burning hatred for Canadians in general, i actually like steven)
    Yes I do know what you are referring to. I did the test in 1965 and a few times after that. They were curious to see how someone of apparent high potential could perform at such an incredibly low level.
    I know you don't hate Canadians as your family owns the  l'Île de Montréal.
    What dis friend crap?
    Oh and the pictures are in the correct order, just chronologically reversed.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great looking chicken big Steve.  It is nice to see the technique in action.  I think a stand like this would work well.  It looks skinny enough to fit in the neck hole.

That looks very much like the BGE stand. Depends on the size of the bird and how it was butchered. It's really no big deal to clip out a bit of the neck to allow it to fit.
    Oh and sometimes the Staub pan is no good because the spire(?) can be too small and let the top of the breast lay on the bottom of the pan part.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    From the first photo I thought it was roadkill. This is going to be better than tree rats and expensive wine. Well much to my dismay as I scrolled down it appeared I was wrong. In fact someone????, cooked a chicken. I agree, I think Stike was involved and I am still looking for pictures of expensive wine in a red solo cup with ice cubes. 
    Who is this stike person you keep referring to?
    I have seen this Stike person and he is somewhat human looking but much shorter than you Little Steven!
    shorter than little steven?  the only reason zippy likes to have steven around is because steven is even shorter than zip.  and zip is as tall as billy barty was on a good day

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Yes I do know what you are referring to. I did the test in 1965 and a few times after that. They were curious to see how someone of apparent high potential could perform at such an incredibly low level.
    I know you don't hate Canadians as your family owns the  l'Île de Montréal.
    What dis friend crap?
    Oh and the pictures are in the correct order, just chronologically reversed.
    the reason they gave you the test was to establish the left end of the bell curve, probably. making you the "bell end" as it were.

as for Montreal...  yeah, the other side of the family does sorta swing a big bat up there, but i am the redheaded step child. wrong branch of a very small tree.

what threw me re the chrono pics was the two plated pics, showing the sliced chicken on a plate and then next pic of the chicken left whole on the plate. 

i also scored very low on the SB test.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    So you are telling me that I performed at or above my ability level?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Love it! btw, I have an 'appropriate' name for that bird, if I tell you (pm of course) I'd have to kill you, or you have to promise not to kill me  =)
    canuckland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ;)bgebrent said:
    You don't cook.  Was this picture taken at @Darby_Crenshaw's?  Was there Curry? ;)
    Still cant work the emojis for some reason. I had a magnificent veg thali for lunch and curries are a lot of work for a school night. Darby doesn't live here anymore. We split up some months ago.
    I told you that b_tch would treat you wrong one day. So sorry to hear that.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    ;)bgebrent said:
    You don't cook.  Was this picture taken at @Darby_Crenshaw's?  Was there Curry? ;)
    Still cant work the emojis for some reason. I had a magnificent veg thali for lunch and curries are a lot of work for a school night. Darby doesn't live here anymore. We split up some months ago.
    Well, I kind of knew it would happen eventually. Him being a much younger man with greater appetites shall we say.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ;)bgebrent said:
    Well, I kind of knew it would happen eventually. Him being a much younger man with greater appetites shall we say.
    Way to be brave. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    ;)bgebrent said:
    Way to be brave. 

Yeah.  You can take comfort in knowing that Centex is there for you.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ;)bgebrent said:
    Way to be brave. 

I can't tell you how many souls I have comforted over the years. Sort of like a "Pastor in Chief" or "chicken Soup for the Canadian Soul" kinda guy. It's a gift.

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's not the greater appetite. It's that i was hoping you would have died by now and left me the boat.

let me know when you are frailer and closer to death, and then maybe we can get back together 

Signed:

Darby "anything for two dollars" Crenshaw

• Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ;)bgebrent said:
    Way to be brave. 

I can't tell you how many souls I have comforted over the years. Sort of like a "Pastor in Chief" or "chicken Soup for the Canadian Soul" kinda guy. It's a gift.

Translation:  On may occasions, Centex has held people's beer or glass of whiskey while they blow chunks - mostly because he wants their drink.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Bump for dat fine lookin yard bird! :chicken::clap:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    It's not the greater appetite. It's that i was hoping you would have died by now and left me the boat.

let me know when you are frailer and closer to death, and then maybe we can get back together 

Signed:

Darby "anything for two dollars" Crenshaw

Well under Canadian law if you live with someone for over a year you are entitled to half the cohabititation home. The boat would get me off easy. I feel like dancing. Heartbroken but physically fine

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Long ago and in a different world:

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options

Dos Dos Equis por favor

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Options
    Cuatro Equis's?

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Options
    And a Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser. That guy is such a hipster.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BrueggeDad
    Options
    Nice pics!  Looks like a winner winner chicken dinner. 
    XL BGE  - Virginia