Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hillary's Health....strictly a health post....not political.....

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @SemolinaPilchard - nobody would ever accuse you of having hurt feelings, just missing the joke.
    Why did you edit "just making lousy arguments" to "just missing the joke"? It was better the other way.
    I was trying to be polite and courteous, obviously.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    nola, in general for sure, and some in this thread. I don't feel like going find an example. Just notice going forward who name calls, questions people's intellect, etc.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Is just me but all/most of the stuff that gets posted on these political threads is tongue in cheek and some of the folks here know which buttons to push with certain people to get a rise out of them. Well that's the way I see it... Carry on.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think you'll find examples to the contrary.  But not feeling like finding them is pretty much in line with not bothering to find credible sources to back whatever argument you posit.

I usually do post some information of credible source, often even cite the source.  Typically this information is ignored and I get called a "libtard" or a name caller (ironically).  So then I just give up and have fun. 

Ain't no convincing people who ignore science, facts and sources in favor of a talk-radio trained confirmation bias, and supreme confidence they know everything and understand everything.  

So I just have fun with it.  I'm not claiming to know everything, but I independently research anything I'm not certain about and draw my own conclusions based on that information.  Some people are not intellectually curious.  I think you'd be surprised on some of my positions, to be frank.  I'm not a template of what you think you know I am. 
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    I found the hateful 8 got too slow for me, meant to pick it up the next day but the rental expired.

Guess I'm saying hateful people are boring.

All kidding aside, I hear that they are making a more friendly and liberal version of that movie. It's called "The Loving Liberal 8". It's 8 men running around in pink panties with erections instead of guns. It has a happy and very liberal ending. All 8 end up impaled by each other and live happily ever after in rainbow land ;)
    Scottie for a guy who hates the gays so much, you sure do talk about dudes with boners and sodomy a lot.  
    and he's infatuated guys in pink panties. Kinda Weird.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Generally I can make my point with 3 or 4 posts at the most.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    In before this thread gets nuked!  =)
    I cant vote for her, period!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Can this thread make it till Friday night?? If its this good on a Tuesday, well...
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    nola, just because someone disagrees with you on global warming does not mean they are uninformed about it. It also does not mean what info that they do have came from talk radio. But let's assume that I have been stuck on Gilligan's Island for decades (Mary Anne or Ginger?) and we did not have the radio that had those batteries that lasted forever. So I return and hear that there are scientists that claim to know how thick or thin the ice will be 100 years from now. Then later I hear that a ship that is carrying dozens of the world's premier global warming experts are out doing research on global warming. Then I hear that this ship is stuck in the ice and they need to be rescued. Most people do not leave for a short car trip without checking the weather. Yet these people that can predict the thickness of the ice a century from now have no clue how thick it will be tomorrow? So, now this Gilligan Island escapee turns to you and asks how can this be? and you say what?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Can this thread make it till Friday night?? If its this good on a Tuesday, well...
    It'll be buried deep in page 8 or 10 by Friday. You could start a new one. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    nola, just because someone disagrees with you on global warming does not mean they are uninformed about it. It also does not mean what info that they do have came from talk radio. But let's assume that I have been stuck on Gilligan's Island for decades (Mary Anne or Ginger?) and we did not have the radio that had those batteries that lasted forever. So I return and hear that there are scientists that claim to know how thick or thin the ice will be 100 years from now. Then later I hear that a ship that is carrying dozens of the world's premier global warming experts are out doing research on global warming. Then I hear that this ship is stuck in the ice and they need to be rescued. Most people do not leave for a short car trip without checking the weather. Yet these people that can predict the thickness of the ice a century from now have no clue how thick it will be tomorrow? So, now this Gilligan Island escapee turns to you and asks how can this be? and you say what?
    That argument makes way more sense then tens of thousands of scientists with satellites and super computers.  I've just changed my mind.
    So no answer, got it. That is what I expected.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Weather is chaotic, climate is not.   That's about all there is to it.  And if you think weather forecasts are reliable, well, you must live in San Diego.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    JIC and nola, please respond to my question. You two, or at least nola for certain, seems to believe that he is as informed on this topic as anyone (at least anyone not on the doomed global warming research ship) so it seems you can explain how they were totally clueless to the thickness of the house 24 measly hours later. Simple question.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Sure, I'll take that question.  That's weather.  It's different from climate.  Also, there's a scientific method at play with the current consensus that is much larger than a boat of people stuck in the ice.  Sure, it's ironic, but not scientific.
    Thanks nola. I am a convert. Much appreciated.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JIC and nola, please respond to my question. You two, or at least nola for certain, seems to believe that he is as informed on this topic as anyone (at least anyone not on the doomed global warming research ship) so it seems you can explain how they were totally clueless to the thickness of the house 24 measly hours later. Simple question.
    Already answered - just scroll up a bit.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Aviator said:
    And I can't vote for him, period!

Not a big fan of Clinton but this go around the choice is pretty easy for me.

Personally, I'd like to be able to vote again for the Kenyan Muslim already in the White House.
    Seconded.  I think there's an element of conservative angst these days that the guy who was supposed to destroy the country is enjoying record-high approval ratings.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2016
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Aviator said:
    And I can't vote for him, period!

Not a big fan of Clinton but this go around the choice is pretty easy for me.

Personally, I'd like to be able to vote again for the Kenyan Muslim already in the White House.
    Seconded.  I think there's an element of conservative angst these days that the guy who was supposed to destroy the country is enjoying record-high approval ratings.
    That conservative angst of which you speak is going to worsen, no matter the outcome of this election.  
    The continuing change in Our Nation's demographic will continue to frighten [many of] them more and more into deplorability.  A President Trump can not save them from themselves.  In fact, just the opposite.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    jabam said:
    But since it's a political thread....
    No open border to Canada guys. We're building a wall and you guys are paying for it. 
    Can we catapult our two cadidates over ala monty Python?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Sarcastic bounce.
    Options
    Sarcastic bounce.
    Not that this has anything to do with HRC's health but in case you're not already a fan of Randall Munroe's xkcd.com site his latest is pretty cool and I'm sure you'd enjoy it - http://xkcd.com/1732/
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I do like that site.  That's a pretty good graph.  Probably just natural variations ;)
    Options
    now that shes dead  i guess we dont have to worry about her health, is the body double healthy =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    You can never destroy Lucifer..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Sarcastic bounce.
    Not that this has anything to do with HRC's health but in case you're not already a fan of Randall Munroe's xkcd.com site his latest is pretty cool and I'm sure you'd enjoy it - http://xkcd.com/1732/
    things really started to shift after the great chilean earthquake =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    now that shes dead  i guess we dont have to worry about her health, is the body double healthy =)

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/local-abc-reporter-announces-hillary-clinton-dead/