Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seriously?!

Options

Comments

• ThrillSeeker
    Options

Wow....just...........wow.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    But, but, but it has a camouflage sticker on it. Camouflage I say good sir. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Image result for pt barnum quote gifs
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ...and it is made in the good 'ol USA.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    One of Malcolm Reeds latest YouTube posts on channel how to Bbq right he was using something like that to do a abt-fatty  concoction - weird vent tubes - and double the $ of a wsm
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Isn't that about the normal price for a Gateway drum? What am I missing?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    back in the day those were called UDS's

U=Ugly
    D=Drum
    S=Smoker

No way I'd pay close to a G for a UDS.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GATraveller
    Options
    Seems legit.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Are you pointing out the ad says for camo and the stock picture isn't?  

confused puzzled i dont get it what computer
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    This is the one I'm saving up for. Prolly need to put extra aside for the camo version. 

Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I use an old 25Ton Rooftop AC unit's condensing fan motor cover for the grid on our drum. Not much in the way of regulating temp except for blocking sections of air holes or tossing on the lid. Works good when it's cold out. A green branch with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers  and boom we have some good s'mores. $25
    But, it's black with some rust in spots...not camo :dizzy:
    Side note it works great for destroying sensitive documents in lieu of shredding. Hillary ain't got nothing on us. :smiley:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    Options

Well the second picture does show the camo on the logo plate.

So the "shock" is that the entire drum isn't covered with a vinyl camo sticker? If it were covered entirely I'd like to see a time-lapse of it all melting off. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhedges1987
    Options
    $$$

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes way overpriced .. I was looking at the PBC ...http://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • GaryLange
    Options
    They are asking $850+ dollars for this. You can go find a drum and build one yourself for most likely a $100.00. No way is that contraption worth $850+ dollars.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited September 2016
    Options
    GaryLange said:
    They are asking $850+ dollars for this. You can go find a drum and build one yourself for most likely a $100.00. No way is that contraption worth $850+ dollars.
    That contraption won the American Royal, the World Food Championship BBQ and OVERALL divisions last year.  They are the kings of Drum smokers. *(the Smoking Hills is the team that was cooking for those 3 comps)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    GaryLange said:
    That contraption won the American Royal, the World Food Championship BBQ and OVERALL divisions last year.  They are the kings of Drum smokers. *(the Smoking Hills is the team that was cooking for those 3 comps)
    If comp track record is a factor in your cooker purchase decision making, look up the Bullet's track record, and a fraction of the price.

For the record, I don't judge a cooker by the awards it's gathered, or the goofy organizations behind them.

But hey, to each their own.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    Options
    GaryLange said:
    Not everybody has the time/tools/talent/desire to scrounge up a usable drum, clean it up, drill holes, etc., etc.

For those folks I'm sure the price is just fine.

• HeavyG
    Options
    GaryLange said:
    I think the humans involved in cooking the meat in those events were far more important than their choice of the metal enclosure the meat was placed in. :)

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    HeavyG said:

So the "shock" is that the entire drum isn't covered with a vinyl camo sticker? If it were covered entirely I'd like to see a time-lapse of it all melting off. :)
    I'm still wondering what the post is about. Skippy skipped town?
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @fljoemon said:  Yes way overpriced .. I was looking at the PBC ...http://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/
    Here's a link to a recent thread about the Pit Barrel.  May be of some value.
    OT - Pit Barrel   FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    I remember when I took economics in college, the teacher asked the class "how much is a product or service worth"? Well some time was spent with everyone trying to come up with rational answers based on supply and demand etc.. After some discussion he told us, "a product or service is worth as much as anyone is willing to pay". I have never forgotten it. He was absolutely correct.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    It is ugly. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Not sure what I'm missing. Ad looked legit to me. Not real clear on why you would want a smoker to be camo'd either.   :|
  • johnkitchens
    Options

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    All i see is some tires and a propane tank?!?  What am i missing?
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    HeavyG said:

The point of the post was to highlight the cost of an overpriced UDS.  $850 is pathetic.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I see a sink floating in leaves.

Either magic or photoshop, I suppose.

RedSkip said:
    HeavyG said:

The point of the post was to highlight the cost of an overpriced UDS.  $850 is pathetic.
    Why? Because you feel a ceramic cooker with green glaze is superior? 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site